346xp chain pitch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanniedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does a stock 346xp run 3/8 or 3/8lp chain. I sure someone will say search forums or not this topic again. Forgive me for asking.

Stock is .325 pitch. Use a 3/16 file to keep it sharp.:popcorn:
CottonWood01.jpg

CottonWood02.jpg

It's a small spline rim & drum, so you can switch to whatever pitch you want. I have the stock bar & chain, 1/4 pitch with a carving bar, and a 3/8 20" bar that uses the same loop as my 372XP. (the same spare chain will fit both saws when I'm out cutting firewood.);)

Thanks for the replies to my question. Does the 346 use the same bar mount pattern as a 141 does. If I would get a 346 it would be nice to be able to use the same bar and chain as the 141. Yea I know that the sprocket would need to be changed.

Don't take it as gospel truth until some others verify, but I believe the 141 has a smaller bar mount pattern. I have changed the bar on my 350 (same as 346) and seen the various Husky bars in the store I work and they are defiantly different because I recall the models listed on the bar packaging.

Actually I think the 141 bar mount looks like that of my Poulan Wildthing (!)

Best!
dave

Last edited:
I kind of figured that the mount patterns would be different. May look into an Echo 370 it uses the same pattern as the 141. I know its not near the saw as the 346 but I have had good luck with Echos.

I thought the 346XP came with a .325 narrow Kerf chain. I could be wrong, it definitely wouldn't be the first time! :biggrinbounce2:

I thought the 346XP came with a .325 narrow Kerf chain. I could be wrong, it definitely wouldn't be the first time! :biggrinbounce2:

In Scandinavia, the saw is usually sold with 13" bar and 1,3 mm guide thickness (0.050). I have this saw myself, and its a GREAT saw.

Thanks for the replies to my question. Does the 346 use the same bar mount pattern as a 141 does. If I would get a 346 it would be nice to be able to use the same bar and chain as the 141. Yea I know that the sprocket would need to be changed.

Yes, the 346xp and 141 have the same bar mount pattern.

Husky 346xp / Jonsered 2147, and Husky 353 / Jonsered 2152 come whit 13" bar and 1,3 mm guide thickness (0.050) over here in Scandinavia as a standard.

Back