346XP Fuel Tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edge & Engine

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
On the 346XP (NE) the fuel tank has 3 'ports' on the right side. First the fuel pickup hose, then the vent, but what's the 3rd one for? (Have one here that's leaking out that third nipple).

Could you post a picture? There is another hose that goes into the intake just before the carb...

Could you post a picture? There is another hose that goes into the intake just before the carb...

There's a hose plugged into the elbow (where the air filter sets on). The other end is connected to the vent on the fuel tank.
I'll snap a pic here in a bit.

attachment.php

I don't recall my 2153 having that extra nipple....is there and extra hole for the regular tank vent??

The tank vent on mine is a hole that the vent tube and filter goes into. It would be just forward and lower than what you have pictured.

The tank vent (middle, white plastic) shouldn't have a hose on it. The line goes to the front nipple.

The tank vent (middle, white plastic) shouldn't have a hose on it. The line goes to the front nipple.

OK, so what is supposed to keep it from leaking when the saw is on it's side? Wouldn't it then leak into the carb intake and flood the saw (if it was being run on it's side)

OK, so what is supposed to keep it from leaking when the saw is on it's side? Wouldn't it then leak into the carb intake and flood the saw (if it was being run on it's side)

I agree with what your saying and now that I think about it, I think he is right. When I had mine apart the many times over vent issues, it would leak fuel from that line. When I was putting it back together one time, I thought that it was the main fuel line since there was so much fuel coming out of it....

The white plastic nipple has check valve type crap in it. It won't leak. It should not have a hose on it. The front nipple is for the primer return (the 2nd hose) It goes straight into the tank and will leak like crazy the way you're hooked up.

Tank vent is connected correctly....

Some of Huskys don't use the "White Dime" vent anymore. They have a nipple and a tube that goes into the the carb air filter area and just sort of dead ends onto a spigot on the chasis near the carb/ air filter area. One of my Huskys has it, but i didn't notice that 3rd nipple like in your pic. I'm not sure about the tank vent having an actual check valve. I say this because all of my saws (Huskys) leak fuel when laid on there side for any length of time.

The white plastic nipple has check valve type crap in it. It won't leak. It should not have a hose on it. The front nipple is for the primer return (the 2nd hose) It goes straight into the tank and will leak like crazy the way you're hooked up.

I just went and looked at a brand new unit on the shelf. The primer return line was hooked to the front nipple as described above. :clap:

Just came across this thread as I picked up what I believe to be a 346xp also leaking gas without anything mounted to the third tank nipple. My problem is that the saw I am looking at appears to be a 346 Oe not a NE. Orange side cover, no primer, etech version. What should I do about this leaky nipple??

Just came across this thread as I picked up what I believe to be a 346xp also leaking gas without anything mounted to the third tank nipple. My problem is that the saw I am looking at appears to be a 346 Oe not a NE. Orange side cover, no primer, etech version. What should I do about this leaky nipple??

Just plug it up.

Back