346XP Head on a 345?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Will an old 346XP head fit on the plastic case of the 345? If so would their be any noticeable issues that would arise from this? I know it will fit the 353 with the Mg+ case but not sure about the plastic cases of the smaller saws.

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question for once.

Last edited:
Will an old 346XP head fit on the plastic case of the 345? If so would their be any noticeable issues that would arise from this? I know it will fit the 353 with the Mg+ case but not sure about the plastic cases of the smaller saws.

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question for once.

just incase you are doubting yourself, it will fit if you get the cylinder bas from a 350. The 345 has the top half of the crank mounting cast into the cylinder. Once you have that base piece, only used on the 350, it will bolt right on. Same piston as the 345 too.

Okay, so if I put the 346xp head on the 345, will I need a new carb or will the one from the 345 work? I see that the 346xp came with both a Walbro and a Zama carb.

What if any advantage would there be in a 346xp top on a 350?

I came across a used 346xp cylinder, and my uncles 2145/345 is burnt up. So I thought if it was possible, I would switch them out.

I am not looking at doing this for performance, merely convenience.

Okay, so if I put the 346xp head on the 345, will I need a new carb or will the one from the 345 work? I see that the 346xp came with both a Walbro and a Zama carb.

You need the 350 "half base" to bolt your 346 cyl.On the 345,they use the same Zama c3 Serie,but maybe the main jet is diff.One thing i just thought,what abot the plastic portion of the case,will he be strong enough to the 346 power on the long run?

You need the 350 "half base" to bolt your 346 cyl.On the 345,they use the same Zama c3 Serie,but maybe the main jet is diff.One thing i just thought,what abot the plastic portion of the case,will he be strong enough to the 346 power on the long run?

The plastic case is my main concern as well. I can get the half base easy enough.

I bought a NE346XP Top end and i am going to put it on my J red 2152 soon, should make that saw be a sleeper at 3.7 HP and i have a Shotgun muffler for it as well. I need to see about removing the base gasket???????? I ight work on it this weekend watch for my post and pics

Latest posts

Back