346xp hesitation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l would reset H/L & Idle screws to factory spec (in manual), then do exactly as treesmith says. Getting the low ticking as fast as it can while idling will get you in the 'area' where your stumble problem will go away. Then l would richen it ever so slightly as much as l can without loosing throttle response (we're fine tuning within say 1/8 of a turn at this point). By the way 1fiddy your favourite 'tard' with cs vid had me & many others rolling on the ground. Very funny indeed

l would reset H/L & Idle screws to factory spec (in manual), then do exactly as treesmith says. Getting the low ticking as fast as it can while idling will get you in the 'area' where your stumble problem will go away. Then l would richen it ever so slightly as much as l can without loosing throttle response (we're fine tuning within say 1/8 of a turn at this point). By the way 1fiddy your favourite 'tard' with cs vid had me & many others rolling on the ground. Very funny indeed
you can't go by factory settings on this,, well you can and it will get you in the ball park,, this saw is masterminded,,, I tried richening it up to get the stumble out,,, I think I was over 2 turns out and still had the stumble that's why I tried opening the winter gate to see what happens and it runs a lot better doing that,,, I will be running it today and will see what happens

you can't go by factory settings on this,, well you can and it will get you in the ball park,, this saw is masterminded,,, I tried richening it up to get the stumble out,,, I think I was over 2 turns out and still had the stumble that's why I tried opening the winter gate to see what happens and it runs a lot better doing that,,, I will be running it today and will see what happens
Yep, too rich on the L side causing the stumble.

I just sent scott a message about it and see what he can do with the carb,,, going to run it today and see what happens

if this helps its a 2011 model,,, going to buck up a couple of logs this afternoon and see how it runs,, this morn I ran it for about 15 minutes and it ran perfect,, time will tell

It sounds like you have it idled way too high, and are trying to slow the idle speed down by fattening it up. That will effect the way it runs on the high end too.

It is possible that it has a small air leak at the base. I don't remember what sealer I was using when I did that saw......but in learning to use the Loctite 518 I made a few air leaks. I let it cure overnight now.......I didn't always.

I run it today and it ran like a champ,, no hesitation at all,,, it was sluggish when I first started it and then it would spool up nice when it warmed up,, idled good and 4 stroked at wide open then come straight down to idle,, so I guess me leaning the low side out and opening it to winter setting took care of the problem

well I think I figured it out thanks to everyone,,,,,i bucked up another small tree with it and decided what the heck,, put it on the bench,, got the tack out,,,,,,,, I let it idle for about 30 seconds or so I noticed the tach was dropping by about 400 rpms,, throttle it up and it fell on its face and blew a big puff of smoke out,,,, so I leaned out the low side about 1/8th turn,,,, after 45 seconds of idle rpms starting dropping but not as fast,, throttled it up,, still had some hesitation and 1/2 amount of the smoke,,, leaned it out another 1/8th turn,,set idle to 2800 and let it idle for about a minute,,, it spooled up nicely,,, so lesson learned on this saw,, low side can be to rich,,, high side is 14000,,, for some reason this saw is so hard to hear the 4 stroking at wot,, guess that because I am deaf,, dumb and old,, glad I have a tach

Latest posts

Back