346xp RPM (slow)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like a story about a saw that's getting pushed to detonation.

We set our 346's at 14,000 max and never look for the last 500 to 700 RPM's. I don't see any benefit to putting it "on the edge", and it won't cut any better at the limit anyway.

Setting these things must be done with a digital tach, and you have to know when you are up against a rev limiter. Usually when the tach reading starts jumping or freaking out.

Think about what you are doing here. Continuing to turn in the hi is leaning out the saw regardless of what the tach is showing. Be careful with your new baby.
I agree with you Spike. Im just gonna leave it at the 13800. After all like I said its just for firewood. I

I surely wouldn't go any further at this point (not fully run in) - very good power should be there anyway......:)
Well i cut about 1 face cord with it today. It ran great. Much better than it was at 11800!! It'll be fine......might mod the spare muffler i got for it,dont know cause its kinda nice to have a quiet saw for a change.

Well i cut about 1 face cord with it today. It ran great. Much better than it was at 11800!! It'll be fine......might mod the spare muffler i got for it,dont know cause its kinda nice to have a quiet saw for a change.

All mine are stock, except that I have a modded muffler for the 361 (not installed yet).....:)

Back