346xpg problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieh

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
right i cant work it out, i have a 346xp, the p&c are good, it has good compression, the carb is set right, the air filter is clear, the fuel tank is ok its not blocked on the breathers etc, but its way way over fueling???? it will run for about 15seconds then bogs down and stalls due to amount of fuel, the plug is soaking when i remove it,

any ideas?? its bugging me and i cant think what else to look at

(i havent stripped the carb down yet)

right i cant work it out, i have a 346xp, the p&c are good, it has good compression, the carb is set right, the air filter is clear, the fuel tank is ok its not blocked on the breathers etc, but its way way over fueling???? it will run for about 15seconds then bogs down and stalls due to amount of fuel, the plug is soaking when i remove it,

any ideas?? its bugging me and i cant think what else to look at

(i havent stripped the carb down yet)

Big hint in that last sentence!

cool will get it stripped down and sorted, was trying to avoid having to dismantle it as i dont have a decent work bench currently so i am working on a sheet of plyboard, i will just have to be careful

(or wait till the wife is out and do it in the kitchen :clap: )

Had a 5100 just last week that wouldn't start unless you locked off both L/H screws then it would start and run. Major over fuel problem. Removed and cleaned carb. ( found nothing) but ran perfect on reassembly. Something had to be holding metering valve open and so too may be your problem.

The only other thing I can think of is the muffler screen has to much carbon and is creating to much back pressure causing flooding?

varmit

The only other thing I can think of is the muffler screen has to much carbon and is creating to much back pressure causing flooding?

varmit

nope its a european version so no screen on the muffler, and its been modded as well, will get the carb in my mates ultrasonic parts washer later

this is the old version i bought as a play about saw so i could replace the 340e and 254xp which doesnt get much use anymore,

i have done the standard mod through the mounting bracket as i want to use it for coppicing so it will be quick rapid cuts through lots of small diameter stuff, it will only be wearing a 12" bar, hence why i asked about getting a bigger sprocket the other week

cheers for the help guys

well didnt get very far in the carb strip down there was a peice of blue plastic inside the carb about 0.2mm wide and 1.5mm long i dont know how it can of got in there as the filters are all fine :dizzy: but it was stopping the internals moving freely and explains why it was overfueling as it was wedge holding the spring open

runs like a beast now :clap:

well didnt get very far in the carb strip down there was a peice of blue plastic inside the carb about 0.2mm wide and 1.5mm long i dont know how it can of got in there as the filters are all fine :dizzy: but it was stopping the internals moving freely and explains why it was overfueling as it was wedge holding the spring open

runs like a beast now :clap:

Great news!!! :clap::clap:

Back