357xp oil pump side.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEK

верига човек
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just been cleaning my oldest saw, had clutch off and the plate which covers the oil pump. Cleaned the crap from around the oil pump then noticed a little bung hole slightly to the right and up a bit, what ever was in that hole has gone, is it important to replace or what.

Just been cleaning my oldest saw, had clutch off and the plate which covers the oil pump. Cleaned the crap from around the oil pump then noticed a little bung hole slightly to the right and up a bit, what ever was in that hole has gone, is it important to replace or what.
I have just found a small brass round bit which fits perfectly in the hole, the missing bit, I look forward to your comments.

It s part of the oil tank breather,
Needs to be put back in the hole,
flush with the face of the case.
There should be a little rubber duckbill in the hole still.
Aknutter, I have got the duckbill and filter, I have put the duckbill up to the first part of the casing so you can see its wider collar but wondered if I should squeeze it down the hole more ?

First of all you needed to make sure there wasn't one already in there and the hole is not plugged.
Place duckbill in hole > toward tank push in place until it stops using an Allen wrench or similar . Be careful not to push it out into the tank.

First of all you needed to make sure there wasn't one already in there and the hole is not plugged.
Place duckbill in hole > toward tank push in place until it stops using an Allen wrench or similar . Be careful not to push it out into the tank.
No could not see one in there, I have just poked it into the hole with my finger and if I understand you correctly I have to push it in further to seal it, correct?

Yes, it needs to seat/seal in place.
Got it, will do that in the morning, thanks once again.
I could not understand how it would seal unless it was pushed further.
Thought I may have problem getting the parts here but the bulgarian chap was great, ordered last thursday and in today from Sofia.
Duckbill it looked more like a buttplug for a mouse!

How did it work out?
All went good never pushed it into tank. Started saw up and cut a few rounds, great, then saw started playing up just like my 346xp thread recently so checked everything still not right, checked the clutch seemed alright put it all back together and still playing up. Took the clutch off my other 357 and put it on and still the same, so I reread the 346 thread and the pics you put up about the plastic oil worm were spot on, it was not seated right. I am getting quite good at getting the clutch on and off now.
Once again Aknutter thanks for all your help.

Playing up?
Not playing up, run great for an old one, it still has a auto decomp on it from new, no problems. I know most hated the auto decomp but while its ok thats fine. The other 357 I stuck a cheap cylinder and piston on it 4 years ago that came with the manual type, never had to retune or anything, came from china and still running great.

Back