361 for me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl Alive

Stihl Alive

ArboristSite Operative
I found a Stihl/Tractor dealer right down the road from me today. Nver knew it was there. I stopped in to have a look and my brother's FIL was in there. Apparantly he sells them most of their farming equipment/parts. They didn't have a huge selection, or seem to care less that I was there, but they did have a 361. I looked it over and asked whatthe ticket on it was. he said $400. I said "are you sure". he said yeah, and mumbled something about old stock. Before the FIL left he told the owner to put anything I needed on his account so I would get his huge wholesaler discount or whatever it is.

So that would be $400 minus whatever he'd take off for Walter. Is this a sign? I think this is a sign. Tell me this is a sign guys. :greenchainsaw:

Stihl Alive

Stihl Alive

ArboristSite Operative
i'd be really happy or really leary.
but, if you know these folks then go for it!

its only money?:)

what should I be leary about? It's brand new, meaning it's never been used. You think there is something to worry about?

(I don't know them, but the FIL has been doing business with them for years, and my wife knows them very well. I think we may even be kin by marriage somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
trek5900

trek5900

ArboristSite Member
Here in southwestern Indiana they are $550.00 for a new one. The price they quoted you before any additional discounts is very fair to you. It will probably be a long time before you find another deal like this on a very good product.

Right now on EBay there is a used one that has a bid of $410.

Stihl Alive

Stihl Alive

ArboristSite Operative
I dropped a pine for a lady today for a few bucks. she seems to think her son is going to pull the whole thing into the woods with his truck. I left my card and explained how heavy the tree was and offered to return and buck it up and haul it to the woods or away from her property for a couple hundred bucks. If she calls tomorrow the saw is MINE. If she doesn't I'll bite my tongue and let it go I guess.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
A new MS361... for $400... new you say? For $400... and you hesitated? I mean, that 361 for a mere $400... and someone said something about old stock. The 361s have not been made for that long. But it was $400... new? For a new 361... not a knock-off? And you would like, get a discount off of that price? For a Stihl MS 361 you say. On the shelf? For $400? *cough*

So, Why TF are you posting this? I mean, why is that $400 NEW STIHL MS 361 not in your hot little hands? I mean, are you INSANE???? I would buy 10 at that price. No, make it 20. Hell, I could sell them for $500 all day here. All day. New MS 361s on CL and Ebay. Ship them down under. Ship them next door. $400 you say? ...and you were like, having a brain fart or something? Wondering if that was a good price for that saw? Or that the dealer was ripping you off for some old saw that was on the shelf, eh? A 360 would have been old. And a 036 older. But either of those would go for even MORE than a 361 new. I mean it. I track these saws all the time on Ebay and CL.

That was $400 you said? For a new MS 361. Yah, I will take 20 of them. You can keep the discount over that for your trouble. Really. If you do not like the saw, or there is a problem, you can unload it here on AS. Or CL. Or Ebay. Or the local paper. Or anywhere, for that matter. Jeez... I mean, $400? For a NEW MS 361? A Stihl? Damn, I am gonna have nightmares tonight after reading this post. A guy has a chance to buy my favorite saw for 2/3 of list price... WHY DON'T I FIND THOSE KIND OF DEALS! :cry: :censored: :bang:

I :heart: my 361s!

Last edited:
windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
The last *new* 360 I saw in Ebay went for over $600. There is a cult following for those saws or something. I am on a really really slow server here or I would look it up on my Ebay tracking tool and post it.

willsaw4beer

willsaw4beer

Addicted to ArboristSite
The last *new* 360 I saw in Ebay went for over $600. There is a cult following for those saws or something. I am on a really really slow server here or I would look it up on my Ebay tracking tool and post it.

Crazy. What was the msrp on them, it seems like it had the Stihl msrp price tag and it was like $469 or something, maybe give or take a few bucks...

MotorSeven

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
"it was a lie"

Hesitation KILLS!

Windthrown, you almost had me spewing coffee thru my nose......that was a funny post!

RD

Latest posts