361 spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
361 & 460 spikes

I ordered a set for both the 361 and 460, porblem is I don't have the nuts/blots to put the outside splikes on. Why do I think I have to order these from the dealer...

The bolts for the outside set come with the kit... if not, return the kit for replacement.

Ian

036 adaption

I bought a set of the 361 dawgs/chain catcher, arrived in less than a week from ordering. I figured if Lakeside said it looked like it would fit, good enough for me. In less than ten minutes I had them installed on my "old" 036, they fit exactly just like they were meant for it. Zero modification, of course my clutch cover had factory holes for mounting outside dawgs. Plus I had an outter set already installed but they did not exactly match the inners. I put those on years ago, forget what the dealer told me they were intended for (maybe an 044?). My only complaint is they appear to have did away with the small C-clip retention on the chain catch roller and the roller is free to fall off upon cover removal(only those with the kit will know what I'm talking about). Maybe the clip wasn't working out so they did away with it? The new shaft doesn't even have a groove for it, so the clip wasn't simply ommitted.

I occaisionally run a 24" b/c so the better catcher is a good thing. Plus matched dawgs should be more efficient than my previous setup. Next mod is adding the enhanced 441 bar studs(thanks again Lake) have to wait for the second one. For some stupid reason they only sent one to my dealer, you'd think they'd only sell/ship 'em in pairs. Thanks all who contributed to this thread.:blob2: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
The clip is still there.... or supposed to be... it is a high tension clip that is pressed onto the shaft (use a tiny socket) after you slip in the roller. NO groove needed. They never come off...

Can't believe I missed this thread. I have the dawgs with the ceramic roller on my 361 as well. They are way better than the wimpy little single dog that was on there. I did have a set of modifed 660 dawgs on there (from Jeff), but have since switched to the "kit" and like 'em a lot.

Gary

attachment.php

Last edited:
Grrrrrrrrr

The clip is still there.... or supposed to be... it is a high tension clip that is pressed onto the shaft (use a tiny socket) after you slip in the roller. NO groove needed. They never come off...

So you're telling that some bag packing puke forgot my clip??:angry: I did look long and hard for it since it was pictured in the nice diagram, even dumped the bag contents on a clean paper plate to avoid losing something. Don't ask how I know this trick.:buttkick:

quick question This kit (part #1135 650 7750). My dealer thinks this is just for the roller. Does this part number include every thing I need or is it just the chain catcher and I will need to order the dawgs too. Thanks

Oh the cost is 33 plus tax is that a good price or too high?

That is the correct part number for the complete kit. It's quite clear on mediacat that it is all parts 19 though 26. $32.70 msrp out here.

attachment.php

Last edited:
new/old ipl

Howdy Lake, i was looking at the IPL that i have, and it shows kit "7750" as being items 20-27 . My inner dog being # 20. What do I have an older version ? Thanks Toby

That is the correct part number for the complete kit. It's quite clear on mediacat that it is all parts 19 though 26. $32.70 msrp out here.

attachment.php

Thanks alot guys.. Stihl just got another $32.00 and change out of my hide... yup I ordered the set for my 361.. I just couldn't resist....

Since joining AS Purchased the following:

Stihl MS 361
Extra air filter (they get $27.00 for this thing?!?)
Extra spark plug
Extra fuel filter
Extra chain
20" bar and chain
New dog kit with chain catcher
New wedges to use for felling (save the metal ones for splitting)
Log Splitter... yay, hung up the mauls and axe's for the most part.
New fuel cans to go with the specific equipment
Trailer jack for logsplitter tongue.
Toolbox to hold all the splitter toys, also new, small sledge, oil can, gloves, rags, oil..etc.
Winch for landscaping trailer.

yeah.. all this in 2 months.. :censored:

It's not like I don't own any other chainsaws and "toys".. I do.. but all these new toys in such a short time.
Do you think I have a addiction here? Maybe a bit of OCD? Is this NORMAL ?? :givebeer:

and not a peep about it from the wife.. could that be a sign of trouble? :jawdrop:

:rock: AAAhhhhhhh.... :rock:

Thanks alot guys.. Stihl just got another $32.00 and change out of my hide... yup I ordered the set for my 361.. I just couldn't resist....

Since joining AS Purchased the following:

Stihl MS 361
Extra air filter (they get $27.00 for this thing?!?)
Extra spark plug
Extra fuel filter
Extra chain
20" bar and chain
New dog kit with chain catcher
New wedges to use for felling (save the metal ones for splitting)
Log Splitter... yay, hung up the mauls and axe's for the most part.
New fuel cans to go with the specific equipment
Trailer jack for logsplitter tongue.
Toolbox to hold all the splitter toys, also new, small sledge, oil can, gloves, rags, oil..etc.
Winch for landscaping trailer.

yeah.. all this in 2 months.. :censored:

It's not like I don't own any other chainsaws and "toys".. I do.. but all these new toys in such a short time.
Do you think I have a addiction here? Maybe a bit of OCD? Is this NORMAL ?? :givebeer:

and not a peep about it from the wife.. could that be a sign of trouble? :jawdrop:

:rock: AAAhhhhhhh.... :rock:

plenty normal. let us know when the saw count gets up to 10 or so....lol

plenty normal. let us know when the saw count gets up to 10 or so....lol

Well, I am up to 6 saws so far, only exception is I only use 4 of them as a couple of them are just for "kicks", picked them up just to mess with.

so yeah.. I think I got the bug thats going around these parts.

:chainsaw:

Back