361 spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok what is the part # on the tool holder? I gotta have that I'm on my third scrench because I often boot-pack in with my saw on my shoulder and the scrench in my back pocket....until its gone that is....oh by the way the powerbox fits the 361 like a glove.i gotta say stihl needs to make a square box with all the snap-in wall features the husky box has. but as my N.G. hotstick buddy says "its an anti-theft device..who is gonna risk jail for a husky"

Tool holder #1128 891 8600
Costs about $5

It's from the 440R, the sub-handle diameter is smaller on the 440R so I had to use a heat gun to make the tool holder rubber soft to be able to get it on the 361 handle.
It takes time to heat the big open end as you have to get the heat evenly around for it to stretch good then work the tool holder onto the handle quickly before it cools down.

I used masking tape then foil tape over the masking tape on the 361 handle to make it smooth so I can glide the tool holder over to the correct position after I get it over the tab on the bottom.

I like the tool holder since it holds it for quick chain adjustment on the spot and it's contoured to the tool holder which is a nice fit.

If ya don't want to use the heat gun way..use KY jelly ya got in your drawer :D

BTW which husky square box fits the 361 like a glove?
I hope they have a 25" bar cover as well.

My uncle lent me a craftsman chainsaw and it came in a black box with the tool holder, a quart bottle chain oil holder, 1 small pint 2 cycle engine oil holder and the chain adjusting tool holder. It's black and I like it as I can stack stuff on top of it or fit other accessories around the chainsaw for transport.

Last edited:
orange powerbox

777ER,
awsome thanks for the part #. The Husqvarna orange POWERBOX only comes in one size and can be purchased at any husky dealer including Tractor Supply and Lowe's homecenters for $39.00. I recommend also the husky file kit as it all snaps into the side wall of the box and the roller guides angle match the stihl chain file angles dead on. at $15 its a great addition also as a note there is a spot in front of the muffler area that snaps in a stump-vice of the generic stihl-husky-oregon style. and yes they are stackable boxes. the bar sheath fits a 20" bar but i think a 24" cover is available you would have to check a dealer for that. oh and the dbl dawg kit does nothing to the fit of the box.

thats the one, the scabbard for the bar is inside. I will take a pic of mine tonite and post it so you can see how it all fits so nice: files, guide, sparkplug spare, scrench, oil screwdriver, pre mix,quart of bar oil,stump vice, gloves ,glasses, ear muffs, wedges, hatchet...... everything i need for regular work minus a good old ax for driving wedges. really a great box,. wish it came in aluminum diamond plate exterior I would pay what ever they would ask!

thats the one, the scabbard for the bar is inside. I will take a pic of mine tonite and post it so you can see how it all fits so nice: files, guide, sparkplug spare, scrench, oil screwdriver, pre mix,quart of bar oil,stump vice, gloves ,glasses, ear muffs, wedges, hatchet...... everything i need for regular work minus a good old ax for driving wedges. really a great box,. wish it came in aluminum diamond plate exterior I would pay what ever they would ask!

Right on! I may have a friend of mine make one.

Dadgum you guys, I was resisting pretty well till I got to reading this thread. Now I have a dual spike set on order at a local dealer. I have over spent my chainsaw budget for the next year already with the purchase of the 361. :chainsaw:

$34 and change, seems like a lot for all that they are, at least to me. I realize that they will last the lifetime of the saw. They do look good on there though, I put them on tonight.

I think the ceramic chain catcher roller is the most expensive piece in the kit.

It's a straightforward install.

The hardest part got to be getting that c-clip on the pin that holds the ceramic roller.
From my experience with c-clips, they like to shoot out in every direction during removal or install!

I didn't have my c-clip tool as it's in my tool chest @ work, I used a needle nose pliars and grip the tab end good holding it firmly and tap a small deep socket that slides over the pin and kept tapping it until it's on the pin.
Then kept tapping it til it bottoms out lightly so the roller doesn't move much side to side or rolls easily from the vibration when it's running.

The ceramic catcher was the cheapest of the three for me. All told $27.

I bought the parts in June, shortly after I bought the saw, but didn't put them on until last week. When I opened up the parts bags there were no nuts and bolts for the outside spike. I can't believe they're not included.

The saw rocks. Still breaking it in and loving it.

--Oops. After reading more of this thread and checking my invoice closely I'm guessing my dealer ordered by parts, not by the kit, and forgot the nuts and bolts.--

Last edited:
The ceramic catcher was the cheapest of the three for me. All told $27.

I bought the parts in June, shortly after I bought the saw, but didn't put them on until last week. When I opened up the parts bags there were no nuts and bolts for the outside spike. I can't believe they're not included.

The saw rocks. Still breaking it in and loving it.

Umm all the screws was supposed to be included other than those for the spike that's to be swapped out on the 361 for the taller one due to the hole provisions for the chain catcher roller.

Last edited:
Nope, no screws in bag with the outboard spike and invoice quotes individual part #'s, not the kit part #. I'll have to check with the dealer.

The clutch cover on the 361 is not plastic from the factory. Did you buy it used? Someone put a different one on there before you bought it.

Gary

Yes you are somewhat correct, the clutch cover is metal on both my 310 and 361, couldnt tell on the 361 until the paint got wore off, also the wholes were predrilled in mine, love the double spikes the more i use them...Sure glad i bought them!

Love them spike's. Dont do the pin that holds the ciramic roller up to tight, its hardened and will snap with not much effort or warning. Trust me, i had to get another one. :dizzy:
All the bolts came in my kit, only had to re-use the origional spike bolts.

03102008001.jpg

Just got mine!

777ER,
awsome thanks for the part #. The Husqvarna orange POWERBOX only comes in one size and can be purchased at any husky dealer including Tractor Supply and Lowe's homecenters for $39.00. I recommend also the husky file kit as it all snaps into the side wall of the box and the roller guides angle match the stihl chain file angles dead on. at $15 its a great addition also as a note there is a spot in front of the muffler area that snaps in a stump-vice of the generic stihl-husky-oregon style. and yes they are stackable boxes. the bar sheath fits a 20" bar but i think a 24" cover is available you would have to check a dealer for that. oh and the dbl dawg kit does nothing to the fit of the box.

1022081716box.jpg

:greenchainsaw:

look at it this way... a Stihl has kick a husky out of its house to be come top dog.... hmm I like that analogy better... :popcorn:

Back