362 hd2 filter swap what hood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotawild

Reaction score
Did the hd2 filter swap on my carb model stihl 362 and now am needing the new cm hood replacement for the hd2 filter. I saw in the stihl dealer there's a hood that looks like it has the carb adjustments and is for the hd2 models. Anyone ordered this hood or have info if it will fit. Thanks

I used the old hood. I heated it with a heat gun (be careful it's REALLY easy to bubble it) and jammed it on there. It worked fine. That additional cost of changing the hood rendered it not cost effective to change over.

Also, the hood was not available (and still isn't) from my distributor. I think if you used the 1/4 turn fasteners out of your old hood and got a 1140 080 1628 hood for a 311 you could make it work.

Saw definitely feels like it picked up some power with the new hd2 filter. The cone baffle is definitely an improvement next to the filter.

Just dredging this up for anyone that finds it to note that a 311/391 hood is a no-go. The slots that the screws use are different in size and shape than the ones needed for the 1/4 turn/twist lock fasteners that the MS362 needs.

The HD2 362 hood that has the adjustment holes is not available in the region I am in either. I am guessing it's a European or other region part. Not sure why they even show it to dealers in the States if that's the case.

Latest posts

Back