365XT.........Just the numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axlerod74

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
First....Dry weight, PHO, right out of the box.

Second.....Dry with 20" bar and chain.

Third.......Fluids topped off, ready to cut.

Where am I going wiht this? The purpose of this thread is not to say "Hey, check out my new saw", but to provide useful information to other site users who may be contemplating a new saw purchase or just wanting to compare stats. Over the last year these have been the things that have helped me the most. Information in the form of facts or opinions are welcome..........................what say you?????
Ax

Last edited:
No real surprices there, but the quality of the scale always is a question when someone puts a saw on a scale.......:smile2:

It is no surprice that the xt is heavier than the ol' 365 - the specs tell that story.

Your scales are real close Sir. The husqvarna site list the new 372 365 x torques as being 14.1 lbs power head only.

Your scales are real close Sir. The husqvarna site list the new 372 365 x torques as being 14.1 lbs power head only.

I have more confidence in these scales than the husqvarna spec sheet..............very accurate set.

Let's put it this way - had a customer who is impossible to please. Moaned and groaned about any Stihl, Jonny, or Husky. Sold him a 365xt to replace a CS2159 that he didn't want to put the new carb on to solve the Walbro issue - and he has NOTHING bad to say about it. Loves it.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll trade a very slightly lighter saw with significantly less power for one that is insignificantly heavier with some kick ass oomph added to it anyday.

Have fun with your XT.

Let's put it this way - had a customer who is impossible to please. Moaned and groaned about any Stihl, Jonny, or Husky. Sold him a 365xt to replace a CS2159 that he didn't want to put the new carb on to solve the Walbro issue - and he has NOTHING bad to say about it. Loves it.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll trade a very slightly lighter saw with significantly less power for one that is insignificantly heavier with some kick ass oomph added to it anyday.

Have fun with your XT.

I am already having more fun than should be allowed for the work involved in cutting firewood. :biggrin: This saw has impressed me from the first pop of the exhaust! Very powerful and fast. So far the fuel consumption looks very good.................just like you said! Cut a load and a half of big cherry on 1/2 tank. Mostly big rounds and no small stuff. I was looking around for more tree to cut!

Last edited:
I was looking at the 365 until the 555 came out and decided the 555 was perfect, cant get over how good it feels.

The 560xp will feel the same as the 555, and be close to the 365xt regarding power, just .1 kW behind. :smile2:

But I guess how they act in different wood will be different, after all there is an 11cc difference.......

wow! you're kiddin?

No, I assume the 560/562 will be faster in small to medium wood, while the 365xt will be in large wood - but I don't know how large, and it also will vary with the wood. Anyway, the 365xt is much heavier and bulkier, and won't handle the same way.

My 365 felt like it had more on the low end than the 562, I could lean on it a lot more. But for everyday cutting the 562 was nicer. If I was strictly cutting firewood I think I'd reach for the 365 still.

No, I assume the 560/562 will be faster in small to medium wood, while the 365xt will be in large wood - but I don't know how large, and it also will vary with the wood. Anyway, the 365xt is much heavier and bulkier, and won't handle the same way.

The 365xt is heavier than the 50cc and some 60cc stuff..........true. But when I pick up a 70cc saw I know it is going to be heavier. I don't use this to limb and fell small trees, that is what my 346xp is for. I grab this saw and fell larger stuff and saw up trunks and big firewood rounds and it fits the bill like a champ! And it is fast............plenty fast. I have run big saws like the 372xp, Dolmar 7900 and for my firewood needs, the weight is well worth it for the broad torque curve. I can lean on and bury the 20" bar and it just keeps pulling. I researched my purchase and this was my goal. I am very well pleased...........but it fit MY needs. The 555, 560 and 562 I'm sure will all be lighter and more nimble but so is my 359. I wanteded this saw because the power and value made it an exceptional package.

The 365xt is heavier than the 50cc and some 60cc stuff..........true. But when I pick up a 70cc saw I know it is going to be heavier. I don't use this to limb and fell small trees, that is what my 346xp is for. I grab this saw and fell larger stuff and saw up trunks and big firewood rounds and it fits the bill like a champ! And it is fast............plenty fast. I have run big saws like the 372xp, Dolmar 7900 and for my firewood needs, the weight is well worth it for the broad torque curve. I can lean on and bury the 20" bar and it just keeps pulling. I researched my purchase and this was my goal. I am very well pleased...........but it fit MY needs. The 555, 560 and 562 I'm sure will all be lighter and more nimble but so is my 359. I wanteded this saw because the power and value made it an exceptional package.

Exactly what i've been saying about my 365Special, and for the $500 i paid for it new in 2010, id do it again.

My 365 felt like it had more on the low end than the 562, I could lean on it a lot more. But for everyday cutting the 562 was nicer. If I was strictly cutting firewood I think I'd reach for the 365 still.

Sure, the weight and handling of the saw don't matter much for just blocking firewood logs! :smile2:

Back