36cc Top handle Echo thats not an echo. Help??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodeobob

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I picked this saw up in a shop clean out a few months back.
A Proscape T3614. Was in a square hard case looking all sad and filthy.

25-5-18 026.JPG

Best I can work out, it is a CS 350TES. Or Ive been told, a copy of, as Echo would not stoop low enough as to make saws for anyone. Does anyone know of, or has seen any other copies of this saw?
Given the saturation of the cheapie 25cc copies, I find it strange that if this saw is a copy that someone would make them for such a small Australian outfit. They would be banging them out ten to the dozen.
Proscape did mowers, strimmers etc for the aussie market, it was a one man show doing the distributor thing and word has it that he got sick and shut the show down. One of my parts guys that used to sell his Proscape stuff, he suggested that Sanli may have had the same saw. Ive never seen one.
Can anyone fill in any blanks?

25-5-18 025.JPG

25-5-18 024.JPG

25-5-18 027.JPG

25-5-18 028.JPG

25-5-18 029.JPG

It was Putrid, The fuel lines were a mess.

68896_n.jpg

961216_n.jpg
So I figured that there might not be too much wrong with it. There wasnt, fuel lines and a carb clean. Someone had hacksaw butchered and messed with the mix screws. The carb is a genuine Walbro with the etched number.
After it was running I worked out that the bar studs were both stripped. So I oversized them from 6mm stepped to 8mm studs.

It sat for a few weeks. The parts came today so I sorted it and started it, Its still running a bit rough.

The cover under the handle was missing so I ordered and echo one from a CS260T (the part numbers on the ereplacement were hanky for the cover), and a trigger lockout. Under $20 for both. Could not get a grey cover here, I think they are nla usa anyway.

Im thinking that I will probably just keep this. Put it with the 633 Solo and the 020AV. (and the eager beavers I'll probably never be able to sell for a half decent price). Im sure it'll fair rip, I'd like to put it into a chunk of wood and see what it does.

I cant say its an echo, or can I?

Back