372 and 390 case difference

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Block

WFO or I don't go
Reaction score
Are the 372 and 390 the same case and different crank ? I know some parts are interchangeable. Just curious.....

about the only things interchangeable is bar plate, clutch parts, clutch cover, dawgs, muffler, trigger parts, and ignition. flywheel and oiler swaps too but they have a difference in them.

about the only things interchangeable is bar plate, clutch parts, clutch cover, dawgs, muffler, trigger parts, and ignition. flywheel and oiler swaps too but they have a difference in them.

Damn they are definitely not as similar as I thought for being as close in size.

Damn they are definitely not as similar as I thought for being as close in size.

put them side by side, they aren't that close in size lol can really feel the 390 at the end of the day if your used to a 372. running a 395 on flat ground is way easier then carrying a 390 around a hill so you will always have those guys who think they aren't much lighter. bring them to work and we'll see how long before they are crying to go home lol

put them side by side, they aren't that close in size lol can really feel the 390 at the end of the day if your used to a 372. running a 395 on flat ground is way easier then carrying a 390 around a hill so you will always have those guys who think they aren't much lighter. bring them to work and we'll see how long before they are crying to go home lol

Yip ,
The 390 is a handful to use all day , 372 is the boy for that , I was one of those guys !!

390 is inboard clutch
394 outboard
395 outboard
Is this right?

Back