372 complete engine on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesupra

Mainer
Reaction score
I was browsing 372xp saws and parts on ebay and came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRANKCASE-O...248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c3b04df8

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with these, I have a complete parts 372 coming from a ebayer that I recently purchased a 372xpw from on a buy it now auction. I am contemplating rebuilding the parts saw myself, this would be my first lower end rebuild or maybe shipping the saw off for a rebuild and port job. The parts saw comes with new everything except a piston and ring.

However if these ebay engines are working out good for anyone I might go that route.

Too good to be true! Chinese copy junk! Just my humble opinion. Stay away if it was me. Why not find a good parts saw from a guy who straight gassed his poor saw and are too lazy to clean up the cylinder and give it a new piston. Thats the better deal to me.

Motorsen

Thankful for the input, I figured it was a china product, curious to see the quality, just don't want to be the one to test it out lol.

That particular ebay seller I have seen mentioned several times now as providing "OK" quality stuff. Besides that I have no knowledge of their gear.

This is what would worry me the most:
"We are not responsible for any custom duty or import tax.These charges are not included in the item price and shipping cost."

This is what would worry me the most:
"We are not responsible for any custom duty or import tax.These charges are not included in the item price and shipping cost."

I don't know what that is, just like I said, I have read on here on the chainsaw forum some posts with guys ordering stuff from them. Maybe run a search on here from that Hutzl seller, however you spell it..., find some other threads or posts discussing them. If these fees are outrageous I think it would have been mentioned. but, *I don't know* either. I don't recall it being a big issue, but maybe it is.

Latest posts

Back