372 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is this even worth sanding I was just going to put a new piston in and run it. The cylinder has one fin broken off top too.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    956.1 KB · Views: 110
Definitely worth saving. I salvaged one waaaaaay worse than that. How bad is the piston?
Piston had 3 fairly decent sized chips in the skirt and was worn on the intake side. all 4 cylinder bolts were very loose and the head on one of the screws was stripped so it was a pain to get it out. That's what made me want to see the inside of the cylinder. The compression was at 148lb amazingly. The meteor piston kit costs the same as a new 52mm bb kit so I'm not sure what way I'm going to go. I don't want to spend a lot of cash on this saw. It needs a few other things as well.

That stock cylinder will likely make more power than some $40 big bore. That being said. If you go that route. I will take that cylinder off your hands...

Thats nothing hit it up with some Emory do a little grinding and enjoy it :) I have cyls with half the fins and they work just fine!!

Brad which 372 is the best for porting? I have the drop on a 2007 372xp with almost 0 use and crosshatch still in cylinder

What usually causes the darkened rub marks like in The OPs cylinder?
I'm not sure, but I don't think there's any transfer or damage to the NiSi. A little sanding wouldn't hurt anything, but I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Brad which 372 is the best for porting? I have the drop on a 2007 372xp with almost 0 use and crosshatch still in cylinder
I prefer the original 71cc cylinder. I prefer the single ring piston and centered ring end pin. Also, the cylinder design was intended for a chainsaw, not a concrete saw like the 75cc cylinder.

I'm not sure, but I don't think there's any transfer or damage to the NiSi. A little sanding wouldn't hurt anything, but I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I prefer the original 71cc cylinder. I prefer the single ring piston and centered ring end pin. Also, the cylinder design was intended for a chainsaw, not a concrete saw like the 75cc cylinder.
So the 2007 im looking at is the 71cc? The xpw is like the concrete saw?

Wow such quick responses! The fin was the only worrying thing about the cylinder, but I will take you guys word on it. How do I go about sanding the cylinder?

Also will the 1 ring piston work? Is one better than the other? Mine has 2 ring piston.

Latest posts

Back