372 grrrrrrrrrrr almost did it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
my local in town husky dealer still has a 372xpw. i went in there today and i dang near did it. its listed at 849. then priced the 576. its just a few bucks more. also priced the 372 xp and its only 10 bucks less then full wrap handle model. i told him he couldnt get any of those, but i got to wonderin if they can, the 372 is still in the updated husky priceing. i realy dont want a full wrap handle specialy when ill be cutn big stumps as close to ground as i can.

i almost dropped my company credit card but decided my father wich is also the boss would kill me. so now im thinkn that im gona dump a couple rifles to fund this saw. since the tree thing is my thing anyways.

i keep havn that 385 390 voice in the back of my head. no buddy stocks them around here. the 372 would be an all around big wood saw wearing possibly 30" bar. the 385 or 390 id put 32 on it i think i think thats big enough heck i know it is ive done a 34" tree with the 24" on my 359. im not positive the 372 would hang on to its stock porting.

so it comes down to realy realy likn the 372 and knowing it will be gone soon and not replaced but bigger would be better exspecialy along side my pumped up 359. but i havent had anything bigger than the 372 in my hands. so i dont even know that id like them. though i did handle an old 2100 the other day freakn thing was heavy.

if i didnt have cad im sure the 359 would do for 90% of my tree jobs with the 310 running backup, but i have cad what can i say.

thanks
Evan

It seems Huskies go on sale from time to time. My brother got his 372xp brand new last summer for $650.00 at the dealer.

I asked at the Huskie dealer up the street the other day and I believe she said they are around $700. It doesn't have the heated handle though. There was one right there on the shelf at eye level, I even touched it.

I got my Husky 576 XPG for $833, including shipping. The regular 576XP is $50 less.

Evan Be patient, yes you need a big saw. I fall back on my 285CD same weight as the awesome 2100. I only cut firewood but can not imagine not having a big saw when I Need it. People with cad think saws are going away, but that is not the facts. There will always be used saws, and ways to mod the new ones.

Just DO IT! I love my univent(372xpw) and 372xp. It is hard to use my other saws after cutting with them. I doing some pre-spring tree trimming with 336. Boy I thought to myself that 336 is light, nimble and nice. But some how lacking in the hp dept! It is a rush to fire up my univent and go cut wood with it! The saw spools up so freaking FAST! I was cutting up a 20' log with my lowly 455 rancher , then switched over to my univent. It blasted through it like butter! Do yourself a favour and buy one before you cant.

Just DO IT! I love my univent(372xpw) and 372xp. It is hard to use my other saws after cutting with them. I doing some pre-spring tree trimming with 336. Boy I thought to myself that 336 is light, nimble and nice. But some how lacking in the hp dept! It is a rush to fire up my univent and go cut wood with it! The saw spools up so freaking FAST! I was cutting up a 20' log with my lowly 455 rancher , then switched over to my univent. It blasted through it like butter! Do yourself a favour and buy one before you cant.

372....:hmm3grin2orange:

There are no words. Just the warm fuzzies and dilated eye's afterwards.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back