372 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hot on the trail of a 2171..... I know, it is not a 2172..... but it will do for now and round out the family quite nicely. ;)
I like the 2171 better myself compared to the 2172 ...sold a super clean 2171 heated handle a few years ago ( in my avatar,) however like my 372xpw more just my preference

I traded for one a few years ago that was in pretty sad shape. A few days later, it was repaired by me, and to this day it wears a 24" bar and chain. It's one of my favorites actually.

I bought my 372xp brand new from my local hardware store. I bought through him as he always supports our local team sports for my kids and I appreciate that. Anyway, I bought it I believe 10-12 years ago when there was word that they were going to stop making this "legend" of a saw so I decided to have him order me one. When I went to pick mine up, I noticed he had a second one, so I inquired why he had a 2nd one as well, and he said that if they're going to stop making them he had better buy two! He also had a brand new 272 on display as well that probably was 10 years old at the time. We're in an area where a 70cc saw is considered HUGE. I was in the store even a few years after I had bought mine and that 2nd 372xp and the 272 were still there..I should stop in and see if they still are and see if I can get the still new 372xp for the $800 out the door price I got mine for... ;) Mine has been a very good saw, I probably haven't used it as much as some of you use your saws, but I've cut a lot of firewood with it and clean up around the farm. The only issue I've had is that the kill switch no longer works, in that it won't shut off, so I just choke it to kill it. It has been doing that for the last several years.

LM

Latest posts

Back