372 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my 372xp brand new from my local hardware store. I bought through him as he always supports our local team sports for my kids and I appreciate that. Anyway, I bought it I believe 10-12 years ago when there was word that they were going to stop making this "legend" of a saw so I decided to have him order me one. When I went to pick mine up, I noticed he had a second one, so I inquired why he had a 2nd one as well, and he said that if they're going to stop making them he had better buy two! He also had a brand new 272 on display as well that probably was 10 years old at the time. We're in an area where a 70cc saw is considered HUGE. I was in the store even a few years after I had bought mine and that 2nd 372xp and the 272 were still there..I should stop in and see if they still are and see if I can get the still new 372xp for the $800 out the door price I got mine for... ;) Mine has been a very good saw, I probably haven't used it as much as some of you use your saws, but I've cut a lot of firewood with it and clean up around the farm. The only issue I've had is that the kill switch no longer works, in that it won't shut off, so I just choke it to kill it. It has been doing that for the last several years.

LM
You can get a new switch on eBay for cheap, easy to change too. I ha to put one on my old 50.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I picked up a complete PHO 372XP running great for 50 bucks! Problem is..........some previous owner thought it was an axe and not a saw. The bolt hole in the cylinder for the handle mount/AV is stripped part way and the bolt is broken off down inside there. Is there an easy fix other than replacing the cylinder or paying a machine shop???

Mike

The bolt hole in the cylinder for the handle mount/AV is stripped part way and the bolt is broken off down inside there. Is there an easy fix other than replacing the cylinder or paying a machine shop???

Centre punch down the hole into the piece of bolt. Drill down into the bolt (not too far). Tap an easy-out into the hole. Then turn counter-clockwise and cross your fingers. You will need a good measure of both patience and luck.

If you get it out you can then heli-coil the hole to repair the stripped thread, unless there is enough thread remaining.

Thank You
now keep in mind we are talking oe models there are parts that are different from , ( oe original gangster my fav, 372 no longer made except in other countries ) or x-torx current models.... however there are many thread's here on this but muffler's are the same ..... or interchangeable

I bought my 372xp brand new from my local hardware store. I bought through him as he always supports our local team sports for my kids and I appreciate that. Anyway, I bought it I believe 10-12 years ago when there was word that they were going to stop making this "legend" of a saw so I decided to have him order me one. When I went to pick mine up, I noticed he had a second one, so I inquired why he had a 2nd one as well, and he said that if they're going to stop making them he had better buy two! He also had a brand new 272 on display as well that probably was 10 years old at the time. We're in an area where a 70cc saw is considered HUGE. I was in the store even a few years after I had bought mine and that 2nd 372xp and the 272 were still there..I should stop in and see if they still are and see if I can get the still new 372xp for the $800 out the door price I got mine for... ;) Mine has been a very good saw, I probably haven't used it as much as some of you use your saws, but I've cut a lot of firewood with it and clean up around the farm. The only issue I've had is that the kill switch no longer works, in that it won't shut off, so I just choke it to kill it. It has been doing that for the last several years.

LM
I had the same issue with the kill switch on my Husqvarna 365. Took the saw apart and one if the wires had vibrated off the tab. Bent the connector back down snd slid it back on. Simple fix. I’ve had that saw 18 years snd cut a lot of wood with it. Only minor issues with it…replaced the chain brake handle after it was broken by operator error. Run full synthetic 2 cycle oil and non-ethanol gas and they will last a long time.

I had the same issue with the kill switch on my Husqvarna 365. Took the saw apart and one if the wires had vibrated off the tab. Bent the connector back down snd slid it back on. Simple fix. I’ve had that saw 18 years snd cut a lot of wood with it. Only minor issues with it…replaced the chain brake handle after it was broken by operator error. Run full synthetic 2 cycle oil and non-ethanol gas and they will last a long time.
Mine has only seen Amsoil or Klotz and 91 Oct non-ethanol or 100 Oct Race gas (hot days).

I do have a decent 371xp and 372xp in the stable plus an oe 75cc model too but i never ran them a hole lot, always used my old 044, but i do run a 572xp quite a bit, heavy but nice saw.
I came across this rare 372xp about 10 years and got it, decals look canadian, and it was bought from a guy in washington or oregon i think. in 2005 they had a special world champion decal on both sides and the top, otherwise are identical

Attachments

• 372xp pull.jpg
    372xp pull.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 372xp side.jpg
    372xp side.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 27
I do have a decent 371xp and 372xp in the stable plus an oe 75cc model too but i never ran them a hole lot, always used my old 044, but i do run a 572xp quite a bit, heavy but nice saw.
I came across this rare 372xp about 10 years and got it, decals look canadian, and it was bought from a guy in washington or oregon i think. in 2005 they had a special world champion decal on both sides and the top, otherwise are identical
Don’t know how you figure a 572 is heavy, it’s no heavier than a 372. Plus it’s a lot smoother, balances better, uses less fuel. A 572 will clean an x-tourques clock and stock for stock it’ll beat up on an old edition one too. A well ported old edition is a pretty crazy animal but a well ported 572 isn’t far off and is much nicer too run. This is all my have first hand experience with them

If I had to put together a choice of firewood saws today I would pick, you can’t go in the forest half stepping. Just my thoughts. I lost a lot of free wood on the new highway they were cutting. Till I got the 2100. By going up 10cc’s is size it’s a big boost in power.

50 cc to 55 cc (353)
60 cc to 65 cc (365)
70 cc to 75 cc (266/575)
80 cc to 85 cc (385/288)
90 cc to 100 cc (2100/2101)

Don’t know how you figure a 572 is heavy, it’s no heavier than a 372. Plus it’s a lot smoother, balances better, uses less fuel. A 572 will clean an x-tourques clock and stock for stock it’ll beat up on an old edition one too. A well ported old edition is a pretty crazy animal but a well ported 572 isn’t far off and is much nicer too run. This is all my have first hand experience with them
Seriously, everyone and their brother knows a 572xp is heaver than an OE 372, yes my first and second hand experience. I weighed the OE 372xp, an OE 372xpw (75cc big bore, wrap handle, and large dogs of course), and a 572xp, all drained and cleaned. See the pic i included. The 372xp was 14.1 lbs. Both the 372xpw and 572xp were 14.9 lbs. That almost a full pound heavier! I don't have the X-torq addition, its probably close to halfway in-between the two. My Stihl 044 10mm is 13.5 lbs These are all their actual weights, and i can feel the difference running the saw as well. Granted if you don't run a saw all day or are a big ass dude , then yeah you probably can't feel the difference between those.

Attachments

• 372xp xpw 572.jpg
    372xp xpw 572.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 11

LM
Pm me your adress, if you need a switch, I've got a spare new one in a bag since I converted mine over to the brush cutter switch.

Seriously, everyone and their brother knows a 572xp is heaver than an OE 372, yes my first and second hand experience. I weighed the OE 372xp, an OE 372xpw (75cc big bore, wrap handle, and large dogs of course), and a 572xp, all drained and cleaned. See the pic i included. The 372xp was 14.1 lbs. Both the 372xpw and 572xp were 14.9 lbs. That almost a full pound heavier! I don't have the X-torq addition, its probably close to halfway in-between the two. My Stihl 044 10mm is 13.5 lbs These are all their actual weights, and i can feel the difference running the saw as well. Granted if you don't run a saw all day or are a big ass dude , then yeah you probably can't feel the difference between those.
One pound I gain that at lunch time. Lol saw weight never bothered me.

Latest posts

Back