372xp idle problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Picked up a 372 that needed rings and a few other things including a throttle cable. I put in the new cable and all is in place right with the sleeve, but the throttle stays about an 1/8th inch over closing? I can put my finger on the carb cable attachment and bring it down to an idle and it just goes back up when I release. Do I need to cut a little off of the cable sheath? Thanks

No, I would not do that. Make sure cable is also seated in throttle correctly. Is it an oem white cable or aftermarket red cable?

Have had problems with red aftermarket cables, did not seat in trigger without a little extra effort, also they are stiffer. Had to work them a little to get a correct return.

I had to switch out a red one because it was too stiff. It wouldn't bend enough to fit and let the cable move freely inside of it.

are the av mounts in the right place and seated properly? if the gas tank is stretched somehow away from the carb base it can affect things

I'd double check that the plastic cable is seated fully in both the throttle trigger and the carb adapter seat thingy

Back