372xp or 576xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icedogs28

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no see. Hope all of you have been well. I'm in the market for a 70 (ish) cc saw. I'm normally a Stihl guy.. but several of my friends have had issues with the ms441 and my brother has an ms461.. So that got me looking at the Husqvarna 372xp.. which got me looking at the 576xp LOL. My question for you Husqvarna guys, is the 576xp worth the extra $100+ for 3cc? I'm a West coast guy, cut mainly oak and pine, some redwood and eucalyptus. Saw will be running a 24" or 28" most of the time. Thanks guys!

I have had both ...the 372/2171 are among my fav. saw ....however the 576xp auto tune is a little heavier , has much more grunt with longer bars ., and is butter smooth .........so depend if that is worth the extra weight to you .....the 461/461r saws are a very fine specimen also .....yes the power and smoothness are noticeable on the 576 verses the 372............so is the weight .....

Which brings me to my next question.. what is a good price for a 372xp and can you guys recommend a good place to order one? Maybe a site sponsor? I have two good saw shops near my house, but they are both Stihl shops....

Which brings me to my next question.. what is a good price for a 372xp and can you guys recommend a good place to order one? Maybe a site sponsor? I have two good saw shops near my house, but they are both Stihl shops....
I just bought a new saw and it’s a 2015. Make sure wherever you get it from you are getting a new one. I don’t know if software updates were made from then until now or not. But the hoses and stuff Are already aging. I got it from a large site sponsor

Called the nearest Husqvarna dealer today and they said they couldn't order 372xp's anymore. With 572xp coming out this spring.. I'm assuming they have stopped production.

Found a 372xp about an hour away from me. The want $869. I know I have been out of the market for a few years, but that price seems ridiculous

Thanks guys. I finally found the "search forums" button (it's different on my phone than on my computer). The more I read up on here, I'm leaning towards the 372xp. Its Lighter, and has been solid saw for years and years

good choice, i've owned and used all 3 in the bush and the real problem is people don't know how to tune. i got lots of trigger time with the XT, OE, 576, and the 576 is the weakest saw of the 3. i've owned a non AT and an AT 576 and liked them alot, it took a while to decide but about the only thing i like better on a 576 then a 372 is the way the ignition wires are tucked away. i'm not changing my mind again lol. i tried to like the master control as stihls is badass on a bush saw but huskies lever is to large and sticks out in a ****** spot. throwing undercuts in and accidentally hitting kill switch with knee was an everyday battle. the 576 is just like stihl, gave them to many chances.

Latest posts

Back