372xp or ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know alot of people out there don't like outboard clutches but I've never had any problem with them. It seems the cases are designed to evacuate the chips or curlys in pretty short order. Besides there are so much easier to lube the needle bearings. Granted chains are easier to change out but for the non professional we dont go thru chains that often.
I have a husky and an echo, both have outboard clutches and no problems so far.
just my .02 cents

Every Husky I have run and checked out has a lot more plastic and some covers and such dont seem to line up as good as they should. ....

The recoil cover is basically the only difference in that regard.

One difference I have noted is that the paint on the metal stay put longer on the Huskys, the Stihls paint flake and wear off a lot easier.

It doesn't really matter, but it sure is a quality difference......:censored:

There also are some plastic under the clutch cover on at least some pro Stihls, that is woulnerable to chain derailings - again it doesn't really matter, but........:censored:

Don't get me wrong, the MS361 still is my favourite saw, by some margin!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it; How much for the 441?

I quoted both a year ago and the price was exactly the same, so I went with the 441.

Easy on the hands
Will pull a 32" skip in hardwoods (and probably a full comp)
Great filtration
Light enough to limb with
Sips Fuel

Maybe all the above can be said about the 372. I just don't have any experience with that saw.

Sips fuel cant be in a 372s description they like their drink! with the price of fuel and mix could the 441 make more economic sense in the longer run?
in UK petrol is running over £1.03 a litre

My post wasnt "baseless statements thrown around over and over again just for the sake of saying something." Also , dont jump me just because I am picking on your beloved Huskys. The 441 IS better put together than a 372, and I guarantee others will agree. Ask Mr THall, he owns both.

If you would read my sig you would see I only have one Husky, I run a lot of different saws.

Your statement is still baseless, you have not offered a single example of a part on a 441 that is "better quality" than the same part on a 372. If there is something you dont like about the 372 that you like better on the 441, then point it out. "The saw is better built" without specifics offers no insight.

The 357 you picked up with a lot of plastic on it means absolutely nothing to this thread. Have you used both, and if so what is better about the 441. It sounds like you have not, if thats the case your information is not useful.

The fact that Thall has both and like the 441 better is Thall's information to share. Go try them and form your own opinions, dont regurgitate other member's findings.

Not trying to make a personal attack, I just dont like regurgitation. If you have used both extensively and have reasons for why the 441 is better, then I take it all back and apologize.

If you would read my sig you would see I only have one Husky, I run a lot of different saws.

Your statement is still baseless, you have not offered a single example of a part on a 441 that is "better quality" than the same part on a 372. If there is something you dont like about the 372 that you like better on the 441, then point it out. "The saw is better built" without specifics offers no insight.

The 357 you picked up with a lot of plastic on it means absolutely nothing to this thread. Have you used both, and if so what is better about the 441. It sounds like you have not, if thats the case your information is not useful.

The fact that Thall has both and like the 441 better is Thall's information to share. Go try them and form your own opinions, dont regurgitate other member's findings.

Not trying to make a personal attack, I just dont like regurgitation. If you have used both extensively and have reasons for why the 441 is better, then I take it all back and apologize.

You need lots of rep for that one!!!:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

Sips fuel cant be in a 372s description they like their drink! with the price of fuel and mix could the 441 make more economic sense in the longer run?
in UK petrol is running over £1.03 a litre

Who cares?????

Oh, well, the 361 is very fuel efficient - not so with the 372xp - but does it really matter?????

NOT imo!!!!!

Btw, the NE575xp is lighter than the 441, and has .2kw/.3hp more, and should be just as fuel efficient.......

Last edited:

Im not personal about it either, but I have every right to state my opinion, and I did. My opinion is not baseless, I stated why my opinion is what it is. I dont like the way they fit the plastic covers, and I dont like the amount of plastic on them. As far as the performance of the engine, I have no issues there, they run good as anything. I dont want to argue, it pointless.

plastic

Im not personal about it either, but I have every right to state my opinion, and I did. My opinion is not baseless, I stated why my opinion is what it is. I dont like the way they fit the plastic covers, and I dont like the amount of plastic on them. As far as the performance of the engine, I have no issues there, they run good as anything. I dont want to argue, it pointless.

They both have the same amount of plastic, but it is in different places.:greenchainsaw:

They both have the same amount of plastic, but it is in different places.:greenchainsaw:

I wish there was less plastic on ALL of the newer saws. I love the weight and power of newer saws, but Im just not a big fan of plastic, even if it is high grade polymers.

Amount of plastic??????

Oh well, the recoil cover is plastic on the Husky - big deal!!!!!! :monkey: :monkey:

THALL, Freakinstang, Cut4Fun and Hoss have all stated that Stihl's are better built.

Lakeside has said it a few times as well.

All joking aside you cant go wrong with either saw. The 372 has a stellar record and IME is faster than any other 70cc saw. The 441 is smooth, gentle on fuel and has Stihl dealer support, IE dealers almost everywhere.
Most loggers in my area have taken the 372 over the 575 and 441 from what I have seen.

plastic

Amount of plastic??????

Oh well, the recoil cover is plastic on the Husky - big deal!!!!!! :monkey: :monkey:

Yea!!!! lololololololololololol Whatever they do, they need to drop the weight on the newer saws like 441/575 then people will like them more. Quit the plastic BS, they both have the same amount just in different places.:greenchainsaw:

Who cares?????

Oh, well, the 361 is very fuel efficient - not so with the 372xp - but does it really matter?????

NOT imo!!!!!

Btw, the NE575xp is lighter than the 441, and has .2kw/.3hp more, and should be just as fuel efficient.......

Sorry Troll i knew you wouldnt be able to resist replying to that Q lol
In Grass time im using 7 litres a day in the fs250 it cuts into the profits over the summer! if they would only make a 2.5 hp 4 mix 1.9 just aint enough

yep

Well then they must be........

All joking aside you cant go wrong with either saw. The 372 has a stellar record and IME is faster than any other 70cc saw. The 441 is smooth, gentle on fuel and has Stihl dealer support, IE dealers almost everywhere.
Most loggers in my area have taken the 372 over the 575 and 441 from what I have seen.

Yep, same here. My dealer can't keep the 372 in stock now, he's selling them faster than he can get them in.lol He's also selling alot of 385's 390's.:greenchainsaw:

Yea!!!! lololololololololololol Whatever they do, they need to drop the weight on the newer saws like 441/575 then people will like them more. Quit the plastic BS, they both have the same amount just in different places.:greenchainsaw:
No, dont think I will. Its a free country. Yes, I also believe they should lower the weight. But, what will weights be like when everything goes strato motor, if that ever happens.

Latest posts

Back