372xp - What are these things?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroncoRN

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
On the bar side of the saw there is a blue cap - what is that?

Left side of the saw there is a screw label H/L or L/H cant remember is that carb adjustment?

And there is a hole close to the previously mentioned spot there is a spot with no marking which I assume is the idle speed? To adjust idle speed do you just get it to where chain doesn
t move?

The blue cap is the compression release

You have all the carb adjustments figured out. But there are limiters on the mixture needles

The blue cap is the compression release

You have all the carb adjustments figured out. But there are limiters on the mixture needles

Is that like something that only lets you turn the screws so far?

Rtfm

Get yourself an owners manual (they are available free of charge from Husqvarna, in print, online, even in brail......for free) then sit down for 15 minutes and read the f'n manual.

Yes
Get yourself an owners manual (they are available free of charge from Husqvarna, in print, online, even in brail......for free) then sit down for 15 minutes and read the f'n manual.

Seriously?

Yes, obtaining and reading the owners manual would be a good thing Bronco.

This is the place to ask questions. Just try to find answers to your questions before asking and that will help weed out negative responses.

What a helpful post. NOT! I don't understand why some guys get an attitude toward someone trying to learn. Not everyone knows that the Husqvarna site has manuals to download. And in brail? Really? I wonder how many blind guys are out there running chainsaws. Lame.

This is the place to ask questions. Just try to find answers to your questions before asking and that will help weed out negative responses.

In now way was it meant as a negative response, it was solely pointing out that to use sharp things one should at least have the basis for which end goes towards the wood.

As a dealer I see, and will continue to see, consumers and professionals, even after me personally showing them and explaining to them, not figureing out the starting procedure, let alone a warm restart, even though its clearly explained in there owners manual.
Its like the only way to turn off the cruise control in your truck is by hitting the cancel button.........whoa too dangerous if in an emergency I needed to hit the brakes!
Simple stuff that nobody cares to aprehend anymore, buy you got your tapptalk, iphone, headupyourass zombie thing and all is ok..........

PM me you email I will gladly sent you a copy of the owners manual, your alot more than just an owner.............your the operator too, so step up and get learned.

In now way was it meant as a negative response, it was solely pointing out that to use sharp things one should at least have the basis for which end goes towards the wood.

As a dealer I see, and will continue to see, consumers and professionals, even after me personally showing them and explaining to them, not figureing out the starting procedure, let alone a warm restart, even though its clearly explained in there owners manual.
Its like the only way to turn off the cruise control in your truck is by hitting the cancel button.........whoa too dangerous if in an emergency I needed to hit the brakes!
Simple stuff that nobody cares to aprehend anymore, buy you got your tapptalk, iphone, headupyourass zombie thing and all is ok..........

PM me you email I will gladly sent you a copy of the owners manual, your alot more than just an owner.............your the operator too, so step up and get learned.

Yes it could have been handled very different. For example leaving out the f'n part which added negativity. He is trying to learn. Just needs to be pointed in the right direction, not a kick in the pants to the right direction.

Though hamish's tone tone could have been misinterpreted, I find myself questioning the wisdom of using a 372xp as a learning saw. Its kind of like giving a a kid a Suzuki Hayabusa as his first motorcycle.

BroncoRN, the owners and shop manuals for this saw are available for download. If you PM me an email address I can forward what I have to you tonight.

Though hamish's tone tone could have been misinterpreted, I find myself questioning the wisdom of using a 372xp as a learning saw. Its kind of like giving a a kid a Suzuki Hayabusa as his first motorcycle.

BroncoRN, the owners and shop manuals for this saw are available for download. If you PM me an email address I can forward what I have to you tonight.

Its not a learning saw. My learning saw was an old Homelite Super 2 i think it was. I've had my Echo cs440 for the last 7 years. This is my "step up" saw. I have a tremendous respect for chainsaws - when I was small my dad had that little homelite kick back and cut a 5 inch gash in his leg about an inch deep. I got to see the results when we met him in the ER.

And i've done the whole motorcycle thing too. I've had 9 or 10 different bikes from old school to sport bikes to cruisers. Currently I'm into my Honda Shadow Aero 1100 dressed out :)

Last edited:

Yes, but it is just plastic, so easy to deactivate (at least on most of them). Some non-EPA versions don't have them at all, but I believe most saws sold in the US have (EPA versions).

Well said! :msp_smile:

Can the limiters be removed completely from the adjustment screws, or do they just get shaved so they no longer limit the movement of the adjustment screw? I guess another way of wording is if they are removed from the adjustment screw is it going to change the pressure that the spring puts on the adjustment screw? I know they are just thin, but I'm wondering if the small change would be enough to change the pressure of the spring.

What a helpful post. NOT! I don't understand why some guys get an attitude toward someone trying to learn. Not everyone knows that the Husqvarna site has manuals to download. And in brail? Really? I wonder how many blind guys are out there running chainsaws. Lame.

+1 for me here. For the most part I've received friendly and helpful responses and answers here on the site. It never ceases to amaze me how some of these answers come across. I'm a Stihl-head, and been working on saws for years. I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to where to find Husky information. Thanks to the kind folks here who step up to the plate with a courteous response to lend a helping hand. :msp_mad:

Back