372xp x-torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jloomis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need a little help. I just did a complete rebuild bearing, crank ,piston, cylinder, seals, carb. My problem is Got a cylinder used from a guy here. I now realize it was a 365 cylinder. the transfer covers have a divider. I have already got it together and it fired :) can i run it this way? I dont want to take it back apart. I did delete the base gasket. my squish is 21. will this mess up my timing? If you cant tell i am really new to this.

Why couldn't you run it? If the piston and cylinder match up, you're fine. The crankshafts on both saws are the same, I have no clue about the squish but I think anything larger than 20 is ok. @huskihl would know more about the squish than I.

Sounds like you put a 365xtorq cylinder on it, right? If so, yes you can certainly run it that way. Finding a tamper-proof torx bit (t-10 I think), pulling the transfer covers, and removing the baffles will give you a nice performance gain though.

thanks! I do have the transfer covers off the old cylinder. I was hoping to just be able to run it. When i deleted the gasket i used a then layer off sealer to the cylinder. Just dont want to open it up so soon. Hoping to here so advise on the timing.

I had no special tools. Heat and freezer. After I missed up a set of seals I had my local saw shop put a seal in for me. All the rest I learned on here. I am very thankful for that.

Back