372xtorque review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barney34

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ran my xtorque over the weekend thenlet a buddy cut with it today.
1st off saw sounds and handles same as the old 372 top handle is a little taller and thicker i like the thicker handle. my 1st impression was the saw was close to the original seemed to have alittle less low end power but im running it beside well broken in 372 saw.started nice excellerated great.
my buddy jay used saw today ran about a gallon and a half of fuel though it .
along with his 372xpw he felt it cut pretty good but remarked about it having less low end then his xpw and a smaller sweet spot which is to be expected he cut some nice size red oak and said it handled it with ease.we both felt it might even be a little smoother then the original. he said it was a lot better on fuel then his xpw or his older xp. ill keep you updated as saw gets some more time on it

Nice thanks for the review. It's making my decision on what to get that much harder. I might have to wait on the 75cc x torque version to get out.

ran my xtorque over the weekend thenlet a buddy cut with it today.
1st off saw sounds and handles same as the old 372 top handle is a little taller and thicker i like the thicker handle. my 1st impression was the saw was close to the original seemed to have alittle less low end power but im running it beside well broken in 372 saw.started nice excellerated great.
my buddy jay used saw today ran about a gallon and a half of fuel though it .
along with his 372xpw he felt it cut pretty good but remarked about it having less low end then his xpw and a smaller sweet spot which is to be expected he cut some nice size red oak and said it handled it with ease.we both felt it might even be a little smoother then the original. he said it was a lot better on fuel then his xpw or his older xp. ill keep you updated as saw gets some more time on it

Sounds like about what we could expect.

Thank you! :)

I was hoping he would give us an update sometime soon on the new saw.

Can you explain? :confused:

No he did not explain but I assumed it was exhaust reclamation more EPA bs. I am ready to strangle the lliberat ##### green freaks. Why in the world would they screw up perfection such as a 372xp? I mean it's light,powerful,durable and well,perfect. If they want to do some good let them start with BP.

Why in the world would they screw up perfection such as a 372xp? I mean it's light,powerful,durable and well,perfect.

Not sure about the perfect part but you have nobody but husky to blame. I think ya'll need to send in a poll that says all the husky heads agree to let the 372 name die. Seems like all they are doing is ruining the name. I don't see the 372X-torq being around for long.

They do spank a 440 pretty good though... Oh I am not bias, just opened a brand new hot rod 660 yesterday LOL. That's about the jist of their pro saws I care for, or make Husky like power..ported:greenchainsaw:

Not sure about the perfect part but you have nobody but husky to blame. I think ya'll need to send in a poll that says all the husky heads agree to let the 372 name die. Seems like all they are doing is ruining the name. I don't see the 372X-torq being around for long.

Place the guilt where it belongs - EPA etc is to blame for the need to make the strato saws, and the only real reason they are made! :givebeer:

I agree that the 372XT shouldn't have happened though! :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder if the double barrel 441 style intake doesn't make better power than this new split intake style. Obviously there is a weight penalty but everyone loves the power of the 441 and so far this new 572 is gettin a pretty luke warm review.

I'm starting to wonder if the double barrel 441 style intake doesn't make better power than this new split intake style. Obviously there is a weight penalty but everyone loves the power of the 441 and so far this new 572 is gettin a pretty luke warm review.

The 441 should be compared to the 576xp, not to this "bastard" design.

I have still not seen any specs on the 372XT.......

Place the guilt where it belongs - EPA etc is to blame for the need to make the strato saws, and the only real reason they are made! :givebeer:

I agree that the 372XT shouldn't have happened though! :cheers:

We could blame the epa, for sure. It is what we need to get used to though or load up on old school 2 smoker saws. Personally, if my 044 wasn't so hot I might be more inclined to run a ported 441 over a 460. If this 044 ever craps out, I'll be sending my NIB 440 to Canada.:D I better had find another new 440 quick.:dizzy:

I know, the 440 is a great learner saw for cutting timber. I will keep dreaming. About all the nice Fir I have been falling, and what's on tap for tomorrow. :)

Your too fun...

Just go run your new Stihl and see what you have been missing.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back