385 XP aftermarket ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman.5150

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does any body know if the 288xp or the 395xp cylinder kits will fit the 385XP ? I have a chance to get one just rebuilt by the dealer with oem husky cylinder and piston for $400 just what he has in it , the guy never came to get it after he said go ahead and rebuild it, it is a beautiful clean saw , but I want to know that if I keep it I could redo it for cheap whenever it needed it, Im thinking about selling my 066 with big bore kit to purchase it , i would love to rebuild it someday and be able to put the 395xp bigbore kit on it !!!!

oem cylinders are great but if I get it and down the road it needs rebuilt I would never pay that much to rebuild it if there is no aftermarket kit for it i probably won't buy it' just not worth it when I can keep my 066 and rebuild it all day for under a hundred dollars !!

does any body know if the 288xp or the 395xp cylinder kits will fit the 385XP ? I have a chance to get one just rebuilt by the dealer with oem husky cylinder and piston for $400 just what he has in it , the guy never came to get it after he said go ahead and rebuild it, it is a beautiful clean saw , but I want to know that if I keep it I could redo it for cheap whenever it needed it, Im thinking about selling my 066 with big bore kit to purchase it , i would love to rebuild it someday and be able to put the 395xp bigbore kit on it !!!!

You can get aftermarket pistons for both, but unfortunately there are no AM cylinders for the 385 or the 390 (no cranks either, for that matter).
A 288 or 395 cylinder will not fit, like sneller said.

A crank is around $210 for a 390. I bought one last year. The cylinders can usually be bought on ebay used or found from someone on here cheap. I think for that price I would get it.

Latest posts

Back