390 XP or 395 XP Ported or Stock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I sold $ 1700 worth of chainsaws this week and am in the mood to buy something. I mostly cut big old trees here on the farm when they die, but it doesn't happen all that often. When they do I need something to pull a 36 inch bar. So, if a ported 390 XP will pull a 36 I might be better off to go that way. But, if a stock 395 XP will it might be a better idea. Of course, no more difference that their is in the price I might be better off with the 395 XP anyway.
Anybody got any thoughts ?

from what I understand a ported 390xp will hang with a ported 395xp up to a 28"b/c. After that I believe the 395xp is a little stouter. Id still go for the ported 390xp. Just my opinion and I could be totally wrong.

I know who has the best price on a ported 390xp or a 395xp,thats fo sho.... ill not be undersold lol

I have been looking at your website. I would probably be better off with the 390 for the simple fact that I am 60 years old and won't be able to handle either of them soon enough. I'll likely give you a call tomorrow.

Take your pick.
IMG_9386-L.jpg

IMG_7837-L.jpg

395xp Decals 008.jpg
Jan 2012 390xp 003.jpg

They are both awesome saws. Either way you go you will want it ported. I know my ported 390 would out perform the stock 395 in just about
every aspect, and do so with less weight. That said, I can't hardly wait to sink the recently Mastered 395 into some Big wood that would do her justice.

Latest posts

Back