394xp score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well in the last week I ran into 2 394xp's. One has bad bearings and a cooked piston. I beleive the crank seals leaked and caused it all. The one in the pics was just used hard. Needs the muffler bolts fixed. This saw was ran hard!
I am planning on swapping all the plastic from the scored one to this one. Should make a decent looking 394 low top when its done.
Bob
IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

Plastic on the saw shown looks pretty good, just a bit grimy; the other one is even better?

And how did you find two 394s in one week? That's some kinda good scrounging!

Keep us posted.

Olyeller

Very nice.

Started sanding plastics for my second one today. Then ran into the rings being too wide for the grooves... :msp_mad: Back to the IPL :D

Very nice score.
I love it when a guy gets a (2 in your case) well used saws and makes them good as new.
Love them big huskys!

I knew about the one with bad bearings for a few months. The other turned up when a guy figured out how much it would cost to switch it over to a 395 cylinder and piston. I did fire it up tonight. Alot of carbon build up in it. It pulls 125 compression. The air filter cover does not fit on the top cover. There is a few cracks in it too. The other saw had a low top and the plastic is alot better. But then again if I get this plastic to fit together I might just run it. Pretty don't cut wood. Need to get the dogs off the other one and a bar stud. I think since the compression is down a tad might only beable to run a 16 bar on it though. LOL
Well in that haul that day I got 8 or so small pioneers a running P52 pioneer the 2 394s and a homey 250. The 250 it dirty but like new with a broken ring. Also a few days before that I got a nice 032 AV quickstop.
ABout time I stop buying and start fixing. Worst part of it though is the wife had to buy a car to get even. She thought a little car that gets 35 mpg is better for getting saws and getting to work.
Bob
Yes the trunk is huge and the seats fold down!!!!!!!!!!!

Back