395 and 660 video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to run that 9010 and that junky craftsman saw he's got.

I hope to get a video of the 41" bar cutting a cookie or 3.

I wish you had my 9010 there to run alongside of the 660 and the 395!
It's not real strong but I like it!!!:hmm3grin2orange:
I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it or not but I sure would like to!!!

Mike

Well I hope you can. If you want to venture over to where I live we can load you up with some firewood too.

The 660 is slightly rich in my opinion also, but I tune by ear also. I put a tach on it after its tuned by ear, it is what it is.

Here's some more videos. The 660 video it has an 8 pin. I've got another one uploading with a 7. I forgot about that until I was taking the bar off.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eYD6vRfSumc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YeojOSC3JSk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I use them in the fire pit or they go for kindling.

Here's the 7 pin video for the 660.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/765U3fC2ucY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I got that the 395 was about 2 seconds slower than the 7 pin 660 vid..? It could just be me, but that 395 don't seem like its turning many...Its probably not supposed to though is it?

It seems to like to be loaded a little more than the 660. The 660 is still stronger. I hope to get both on video with the 41" on it tomorrow. I was hoping the 395 would be stronger. I really like huskys better.

I'm not surprised a modded MS660 beat the 395xp. The true test is after the 395 is modded.

we will have to run that modded 660 against my modded 394 with the same bar and chain and same tooth sprocket. that will tell you more about whether that 395 will hang with the 660 once its modded. more of an apple to apple comparison, if that husky is bone stock the 660 should be eating its lunch. if it didnt then id see a problem.

The 395 has a muffler mod and the squish tightened. No timing changes or anything. I did widen the ports what little you could go. It seems like you can just keep leaning on it and it stays the same rpms. It's just not a high rpm say like the 660 is.

you would have to change the timing if your wanting more rpm out of it.depends on what you plan to use it for. if it were a milling saw id stay where its at,if a tree droppere and topper id get a few more rrr's out of it.

The only way to gain rpms in it is to raise the exhaust. The blowdown is very short to begin with. I think the exhaust needs to be raised 3° to get 20° blowdown. I was hoping it would have torque close to the 660 that way. The piston skirts limit you to about 60% of bore width for ports. I think I'm just going to leave it alone. I'll probably end up trading it off after the GTG or maybe at it.

3/8"x8x28" full comp chisel. If they are not normally going used with a 36" bar then there is no reason to have a 7 on those saws.

Hard to test a 395 in small wood with a 7 on the rim.

In the small wood you need to equalize the load range better to get a more accurate test.

395s have the power but the 660 is more durable and in my opinion pleasent to use with 36" or less bar length.

Unless you need to cut a lot of 36"+ trees I would keep the 660, for the clutch alone.

Back