395 and 660 video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I put the 660 and 395 into the same piece of wood today. It's red oak about 19" or so. Both chains came off the silvey and 7 pins on both.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8wHg9yMuJ_0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Surprised it's not a bit closer... :confusedn: That wasn't even a contest.

Yeah I know. It didn't really think they'd be almost 4 seconds in that sized log. I guess the 395 needs to be operated on.

I didn't think it would be that big a spread. I mean the 372xpw was within a second of the 395. I know it will take big wood to really show it's power but the 660 was quite a bit stronger in that smaller wood. It's almost so far apart I don't even want to mod it to see if it can catch it.

Last edited:
I didn't think it would be that big a spread. I mean the 372xpw was within a second of the 395. I know it will take big wood to really show it's power but the 660 was quite a bit stronger in that smaller wood. It's almost so far apart I don't even want to mod it to see if it can catch it.

Just curious, Was that xpw the saw idling during the whole video?

Id say your right about the big wood. Hey though, If you dont want it, just send it on a little deeper south, Ill run it for you.:laugh::laugh:

I think it was the 2171. Here's the 372xpw video.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q0xqSB_aLIY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I was just gonna say that it sounded just like my 372 sittin there.

That xpw looks real strong too.

The xpw is bone stock with maybe 5 tanks through it. The 395 is stock and the 660 isn't. I don't know how much it gained as it came modded. The 395 is taching 12600. I think it has a 13k rev limiter. I've not messed with one to know for sure.

The xpw is bone stock with maybe 5 tanks through it. The 395 is stock and the 660 isn't. I don't know how much it gained as it came modded. The 395 is taching 12600. I think it has a 13k rev limiter. I've not messed with one to know for sure.

ahhhhh are ya gonna tell us what the mods to the 66 were ?:angryn:

my initial uninformed opinion was that the 395 was very rich.:snail: hard to tell though from NJ hehe...

The 660 has a dual port muffler and a little work inside. I don't know for sure as I've not took it apart to see. I don't think the 395 is that rich where it's at. I don't think it could go much leaner. I'll check plug color and report back.

im sure youll get that 395 running good. A litte tlc and it'll scream. And im ver surprised at how strong the xpw is stock. Too bad jred didnt have their version of it. because we ALL know jred has the superior handles :)

im sure youll get that 395 running good. A litte tlc and it'll scream. And im ver surprised at how strong the xpw is stock. Too bad jred didnt have their version of it. because we ALL know jred has the superior handles :)

Jonsered has better handle spacing so it handles longer bars better. I like the angled handle on the 372 better. I don't own a small limbing saw, I just use what's in my hands when the tree hits the ground.

Wonder if madsens have any xpws left...they were the last place I know of that had the 75ccs left

You need to keep them both till I get my new play toy :)

Cant watch the video so Im looking forward to seeing them in TN.

Oh, BTW I got a chain for you to check out.

Back