395xp for kawasaki

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not Stihl only Sean, I just don’t like the Swede saws. I just bought a husky trimmer last weekend if you remember. I don’t like the stihl 4 mix so I was only interested in the FS94r trimmer and that was $400. I got the husky lk525 I think it is, combi unit with the trimmer head. It’s super light, fairly quiet, I like it and as far as I know it’s a real 2 stroke. The only thing I don’t like vs Stihl is the choke doesn’t auto drop with a trigger blip. I’ve had echo saws too, currently running the echo 9010 blower too.
I have a FS130, FS350, and FS550. and piles of Husky trimmers. They all have their advantages

I’m not Stihl only Sean, I just don’t like the Swede saws. I just bought a husky trimmer last weekend if you remember. I don’t like the stihl 4 mix so I was only interested in the FS94r trimmer and that was $400. I got the husky lk525 I think it is, combi unit with the trimmer head. It’s super light, fairly quiet, I like it and as far as I know it’s a real 2 stroke. The only thing I don’t like vs Stihl is the choke doesn’t auto drop with a trigger blip. I’ve had echo saws too, currently running the echo 9010 blower too.
I forgot about that purchase, hard to keep up with what everyone gets. I supposed stihl vs husqy will be an eternal debate. We're frequently debating what amounts to trivial thing with them, things that most end users will never even notice. I'm fortunate to get quite a few different models across my bench, and have some old guard loggers around that ran about everything it seems. Also having relatives that like getting bigger saws for no particular reason and "upgrading" often helps with keeping after some of the newer stuff.

I stopped back buy the other toy store this morning, It was on the way to my oyster lady’s place. Big cookout here this afternoon, anyway…

I looked again at the husky pro saws, That 395 is a tank. Made in Brazil, That’s probably worse than Sweden lol. They had 2 592s, 3 550 mark 2’s and one little 543. I checked out the 543, made in Japan, sweet! I actually may have bought that to play with since the stihl 241 is so hard to get and expensive when you do find one. Good deal, final day of the 20 percent off. Sole reason I didn’t buy it, it was not an auto tune. Are all the 543s manual carbs?

When I got the bike one of the 2 slides in the carbs is gone and the other the rubber diaphragm was torn and I've done alot of looking for just a couple slides and there next to impossible to find for under $80 to $100 a piece but for $400 there's a store that sells a complete ready to bolt on upgrade set of mikuni vm28 round slide carbs which makes more since to get rather spending the money on getting the stockers fixed up. https://speedmotoco.com/kawasaki-kz305-carburetor-kit-mikuni-vm28-kawasaki-kz305-carburetor-kit/
Careful with that. Some people are really into original everything and will pay premium for a bike that's not been touched like that. I wouldn't do that trade. Try different forums and places first to get a value on the bike as is before upgrading anything. I suspect that bike could be sold for enough to buy you a brand new big saw.

Elevator guy is a great guy, but has a stihl only mentality. The 395xp will kick the crap out of either in large bar situations. Actually running 42" bars it's only a very slight bit slower than my stihl 084av. My husqy 390xp cuts every bit as fast as every 066 and 660 I've cut with. Last year my cousin got a ms661 so I had to drag the 390xp and 395xp out, it's slightly faster then the 390xp and still doesn't keep up with the 395xp. They are great saws, the lot of them.

yes I did see it, and have it saved. Way out of my price range for a modified saw. Especially since parts are extremely difficult to find for it.
I have nothing against the 661, but I cut with 2 cousins that run them, and they aren’t as strong as the 395. They just ain’t. There are things I don’t like about the 395, but mine has cut down forests’ worth of trees, and I wouldn’t trade it for a new 661.

That said, I wouldn’t touch the 395 in the op’s picture either.

I stopped back buy the other toy store this morning, It was on the way to my oyster lady’s place. Big cookout here this afternoon, anyway…

I looked again at the husky pro saws, That 395 is a tank. Made in Brazil, That’s probably worse than Sweden lol. They had 2 592s, 3 550 mark 2’s and one little 543. I checked out the 543, made in Japan, sweet! I actually may have bought that to play with since the stihl 241 is so hard to get and expensive when you do find one. Good deal, final day of the 20 percent off. Sole reason I didn’t buy it, it was not an auto tune. Are all the 543s manual carbs?
Good ole’ Kumatsu 543! Those were Zenoah/Redmax saws. Just recently discontinued, I believe.

updated version of the gz4000. Decent saws. You can get the redmax gz4350 (same saw) off the internet for $350.00 something dollars.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sohars.com/amp/redmax-gz4350-43-1cc-chainsaw-w-16-bar-and-chain/
Still a manual carb model. It's been discontinued for a new version were yet to see released. Parts are still supported, just got 2 new cylinders for them a few weeks ago. I prefer a 14" b/c set up vs the 16" but they do ok with the 16" .

That's a bit of a wierdo bike. It was a 350 up here. There was some kind of a fuel economy scam dealio or insurance thing or something going on down there at the time. That's when they sold 700cc bikes down there while everywhere else in the world was still at 750's for the same models 🤷‍♂️

It does look like a cool little bike and probably worth a little if running. Far more than that ugly saw. Far more not running too..

That would be a neat thing to run around town on.

Isn't there a motorcycle wrecker around there somewhere that has a couple of carbs? If you get on good with the wrecker they usually can make things good for you. Some of them give fair deals just cause they are disgusted with the price gouging of dealers.

If you already have a 066 I would not mess with that 395. I have never found any deals at pawn shops.
Yea there's this one in okc that most of the tree guys go to sell there saws so he has the best pro saw collection anywhere near here and since I've done some business with the owner a few times he will give me deals on anything. I bought 3 shindaiwa eb802rts for $100 a piece from him for example and they all run like champs.

I waited patiently for our local saw shop to receive a new Husky 395xp powerhead.
Then, finally in Oct of 2022, he got a shipment, so I bought one of two.
The dang thing is made in Brazil. As long as the saw gets the job done, I'm happy.
I know, I didn't price shop and Paid $1,400 and was happy to have a New saw.

Prior to the new 395xp, I was using an old neglected 394xp for approx 8-years.
At that time, my old Husky 2100cd was my backup wood-cutting saw.

I agree with the others that the 395 looks "ridden hard and put away wet", BUT, it may be a very nice running saw. And, you like rebuilding engines. Sooo, _ _ _
I guess if you get the saw, some new crank seals may be first up for preventative love.
I'm going to keep trying to sell the bike for cash for now and do just that be patient and keep an eye out.But yesterday I rode 230 miles round trip to pick this up for a bill

Attachments

• 20240317_103926.jpg
    20240317_103926.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240317_082129.jpg
    20240317_082129.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Yes, I’ve never run the 064. My buddy that owns a tree business has all the cool stuff. Last time he was at my place was a fun day. He broke out all kinds of saws. All of his felling cuts were made with a 661c, once the tree was on the ground and the 661 was out of fuel he would swap to his 660. He never stops cutting, a helper comes to grab the empty saw and refuel it. He’s kept his old 066 as the stumper, she’s beat and ugly but cuts well and sounds great. Nice torque but slow compared to the 661. I’ve ran all 3 of his and wouldn’t mind having my own 661 but I really don’t need something that big, If I do, I call him. I run up to a 28 on my 462, 99 percent of the time that’s enough.
Dang can you bury that 28 on your 462

Elevator guy is a great guy, but has a stihl only mentality. The 395xp will kick the crap out of either in large bar situations. Actually running 42" bars it's only a very slight bit slower than my stihl 084av. My husqy 390xp cuts every bit as fast as every 066 and 660 I've cut with. Last year my cousin got a ms661 so I had to drag the 390xp and 395xp out, it's slightly faster then the 390xp and still doesn't keep up with the 395xp. They are great saws, the lot of them.

yes I did see it, and have it saved. Way out of my price range for a modified saw. Especially since parts are extremely difficult to find for it.
Right. I snagged this up yesterday for $100

Attachments

• 20240317_103909.jpg
    20240317_103909.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Those echo blowers are no joke. I used one a 9010 daily when I worked asphalt paving and I own 3 shindaiwa eb802rts

That's a bit of a wierdo bike. It was a 350 up here. There was some kind of a fuel economy scam dealio or insurance thing or something going on down there at the time. That's when they sold 700cc bikes down there while everywhere else in the world was still at 750's for the same models 🤷‍♂️

It does look like a cool little bike and probably worth a little if running. Far more than that ugly saw. Far more not running too..

That would be a neat thing to run around town on.

Isn't there a motorcycle wrecker around there somewhere that has a couple of carbs? If you get on good with the wrecker they usually can make things good for you. Some of them give fair deals just cause they are disgusted with the price gouging of dealers.
No motorcycle salvage yards around here but it dose run and I can ride it but it still isn't quite perfect. Ya I read somewhere it gets 70mpg but I don't see that being the case. I should probably just find out the exact mikuni carb model number and cross it with anything else that ran that carb to see about finding them and im with you on there's someone that's got some sitting around in there spare parts pile but those never get listed for sale

Dang can you bury that 28 on your 462
Yes. Mainly kept a 20 on it for speed, So it pulls the 28 but is definitely slower. The saw has a egan muffler but is otherwise stock. Pulling a buried 28 in that red oak would be a much easier task with the 661 but like I said it’s rare that I would need it.

Careful with that. Some people are really into original everything and will pay premium for a bike that's not been touched like that. I wouldn't do that trade. Try different forums and places first to get a value on the bike as is before upgrading anything. I suspect that bike could be sold for enough to buy you a brand new big saw.
I wish. One in showroom condition might be worth a grand maybe a touch more. So since mines seat needs re-done and the tanks paint is faded alone with the carb issues im trying to get $700 for her. Got lots of tire kickers but no one with cash yet.

Yes. Mainly kept a 20 on it for speed, So it pulls the 28 but is definitely slower. The saw has a egan muffler but is otherwise stock. Pulling a buried 28 in that red oak would be a much easier task with the 661 but like I said it’s rare that I would need it.
Right on ill have to try and get me one of those some day. I'm a smaller built guy 5"10 170 so I like a good running mid class saw. I'm excited to get my most recent find going. Bought a ms361 for a bill. Just needs a topend.

Back