395xp pickle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got in a pickle this afternoon. I have a big water or pin oak in my yard that died completely last summer, half died the previous year. It is about 90’ the best I can tell and has a hollow spot in the base on the west side of the tree. Short story long; I made my face cut and was cleaning it up some and the saw just fell on its face, no power in the cut. It was ripping yesterday bucking some small stuff. I screwed around with the high and low jets and it mad no difference. I checked spark, went and got another gallon of fresh fuel mixed it ( I had just mixed the previous gallon yesterday ) but I wanted to eliminate variables.
After a couple of hours trying to get this thing to run I run the bar in the cut I started and opened the fuel cap and she revved to the moon. I got on the www and see there is a tank vent. I guess I’m gonna try and clear that first thing tomorrow and get this tree on the ground. My other saws are a little 025 and a 137 husky , I really didn’t want to try and whittle away with them but I will if I have to.
Any other ideas on a solution?

Not really sure what other ideas you need. Sounds like you diagnosed a faulty tank vent. I’d start with getting that cleaned or replaced and see how it runs afterwards.

May be a combination of blocked tank vent & a carb that's struggling to pull fuel due to a weak impulse (leak in tube or carb) or stiff/damaged diaphram in carb... if it's happened all of a sudden I'd definitely be checking the impulse line is serviceable

Not text book but it landed where I wanted. Had to use the little 025 but it worked.
Maybe 30” across, I am gonna pull. Tape later.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0047.jpeg
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back