395xp where Is the tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCONN

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
so I recently picked up two husky 395xp from a guy I do sub work for who said he isn't putting any more money into saws so if I wanted them and could fix them then I can have them. The one starts to cut out when you run
It but if you take the fuel cap off its fine. I was going with its vapor locking and everything I read said to pull the carb and check the tank vent. So I did this but not sure were the vent is all I see is the black fuel line. The fuel line does look a little cracked so I will replace that and the filter but would like to do everything I can when its apart. Also when I was looking whoever was working on it before was leaving the old filters in the tank becuase I took three out not sure how that would effect it.if anyone has any help or diagrams of the vent that would be great. Thanks

The vent is near the hole that passes into the fuel tank. You have to remove, or lower, the tank to see it. Newer 395 models have an elbow with rubber hose (brass plugged) coming up into the carb area.

Check out the pic:

Boleclimber beat me to it.

Ok thanks for the help the diagrams are helpful. My problem does sound like it is a vent issue correct or am I on the wrong road completely.

That depends on what year your saw was manufactured and if the saw has the original fuel tank. The serial # ID tag near the oil fill has the year.

The older style is:
503 60 04-01
501 87 25-01
Total cost is about $10.00

The newer style is:

537 33 81-01 (complete set up)
Cost about $16.00

No, I wont order it for you!

None of those part numbers are in the pic.

Really? I clearly see 537 33 81-01. The other numbers are from an earlier design. Husqvarna list parts by the saws year of manufacture. Hence the year of the tanks manufacture needs to be known, or pictures of the tank vent, in order to know which parts it calls for.

Ok so I see the tank vent and don't know how i missed it. It looks as if it may be missing a part, however I did put the fuel cap on and blew air into the fuel line and could feel the air coming out of the vent do you think I should replace it to be on the safe side or is there another place I should be looking.thanks again, all the help has been great oh and I believe its a 2000 year.

Given the relatively low cost of the vent I would replace it, especially if a piece is missing, and replace the fuel line. A year 2000 saw uses a vent tube in the tank with a white plastic mesh material covering the hole. The part numbers are the "older style" I posted above. If air is coming out, air should be going in as it is designed to work.

It is also possible you have a tiny hole in the fuel line that only acts up when the tank is at a slight negative pressure.

Thanks for the advice boleclimber I am going to do the. Fuel line filter and vent how does the vent come out should I push it out from the inside of the tank with some needle nose or is there a proper way to remove it?

I pull vent tubes by inserting a woods screw and getting a few threads to grab, then pull on the screw using pliers. I have never tried pushing a vent out from inside the tank.

That worked am I reading the tag right on the year both saw have black tags the top line is 965 90 27-00 and the second line is 01 and the rest is differnt on both saws assuming its the serial number but the one I am on know says 1200240

Update finally got the tank vent and fuel line from the dealer pain in the rear but thats a different story put the saw together last night and she runs great thanks for all the help everyone

Back