4 for 45$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buicken

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
picked up four saws on craigslist for 45 bucks. the add said a homelite maybe xl12 or 925, a sthil parts saw, a homey tophandle xl and a mac, for parts.
The homelite was what i wanted. it actually was a super xl925 in great shape, replaced the fuel line and it runs like a champ, great saw.

The 021 the fellow said he found it at the dump. it has a busted rear handle, no air filter, no throttle linkage, crank case and piston full of water. dumped the water out, new plug, a bit of mix to hopefully displace the excess water. it fired right up, runs great.

Put mix in the dirt covered xl a few pulls, lots of smoke, that saw runs as well.

The mac is a newer plastic 3214 , has new fuel lines, carb gaskets look good, starts and runs, but the low needs adjustment every time it is started then it runs good for a bit the either races, or bogs. the mac is pretty useless to me , i was going to give it to my neighbor but not if it won't run right. I am thinking of clamping it to a table (so i am away from it) and running it full throttle till it blows up, but that might be bad saw mojo.

Back