4 stroking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conifercaner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This has been probably said before (ho hum)

What the :blob2: is 4 stroking

And how do you know?:deadhorse:

Have you ever heard a small outboard boat engine at idle? That "burble" sound from the exhaust gases coming out of the water is what 4-stroking sounds like.
Well, it does on my engine, I don't know about yours. :D

Check out THIS PAGE. They have sound clips on there, and if you listen close, you can hear it.

EDIT: I guess their full rev clip isnt working, which is the one you can really hear it good. Anyways, I'll leave the link up because its a very good guide to tuning carbs and we always seem to have questions regarding tuning.

Last edited:
The difference between four stroking and two stroking is the difference between braaap and eeeeee.

With a saw, you want it to limit its own speed by four stroking at full throttle when the bar isn't in the wood.

With a 50cc scooter, four stroking at full throttle means you top out at 20 mph instead of 35 mph.

The difference between four stroking and two stroking is the difference between braaap and eeeeee.

With a saw, you want it to limit its own speed by four stroking at full throttle when the bar isn't in the wood.

With a 50cc scooter, four stroking at full throttle means you top out at 20 mph instead of 35 mph.

That's a good way to put it. 4 stroking, think a big v8 with open headers, and 2 stroking is alot smoother and sharper sounding.

Back