4012 oil change

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawmart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just had the scare of my life,
just doing my first oil change at 90 hrs i nknow it is 40 hrs late, pull the drain pluge and a bout 1liter drained out(32oz or so ithink)then pulled the oil filter it was bone dry. Turn it up side down not a drop came out.
it was low on monday with 60hrs or so, figuried i cange it ion the weekend.
Wow the oil droped fast.

all those wiyh the kabota check it.

lawmart
playsafe

It must have drained when you drained the oil - sounds like you only had 1 quart of oil - not a good thing with a turbocharger!

Why would you run the machine low on oil? and for so many hours knowing it was low? You should always carry extra oil on the truck. No sympathy here for low oil on a piece of equipment especially your own. Hope you did not damage the equipment, but if you did look in the mirror.

not looking for sympathy the stump guys took it out , on monday with 60hrs , i new it was low at that piont i checked it my self.
went to the kabota dealer twice to get the proper filter but they could not confirm the cross reference of the engine so i did not get the filter thay had two that would fit, they both looekd small to me ,soi postponed it till saturday when the stumper was back at my house where i took the whole machine in and had a chat with the kabota dealer. Didn't think it would go down that fast. but everthing looks good so far started it up ,will go play on some stumps my self tomorrow.
with my rayco allways had extra oil in the tool box on the stumper. But had not done this with the carlton yet since i did not now what grade , but it is on there now.
lawmart

playsafe

It must have drained when you drained the oil - sounds like you only had 1 quart of oil - not a good thing with a turbocharger!

did you get or hear about the new upfit kit for the side belt and pullys? i kept burning up belts, not any more with the new system.

what is up lift kit about i went through a belt at 75 hours.
i would like to here about this some more.

playsafe

lawmart

Is the up-fit kit only for diesels?
(sorry don't mean to hijack this thread)
i would think its only for the kabota diesel, but thats something that i would check with the dealer about. my dealer had no idea about this up-fit kit until he researched it a little and found out from the manufacturer.

more important is it a free upgrade.

lawmart

play safe

yes, its free. spend all that money for the machine and all it wanted to do is burn up the belts. everything i tried to make them last, went through two belts in 25 hours. kit takes about 1.5 hours to install and adjust. or that how long it took me. second time around may only take 45 minutes.

Treesurgeon,
When did you purchase your Kubota 4012? Early this year? What exactly is included in the kit? I demoed one at the factory last month, they didn't say anything about any changes made this year, but probably wouldn't unless asked. I assume the new ones are coming from the factory this way.
Stumper63

Just talked to the factory. They have changed the drive belt on the diesels. They are going to send me an engine pulley and a jackshaft pulley along with a new belt. I've got 275 hours and have my second belt is just about toast.

yea, my belt went at about 75 hrs too, need to get the up grade as my second belt is looking a bit tattered. does anyone else notice that the belt tightens throughout the day while working the machine? also noticing alot of vibration from the engine(belt not engaged) at 70 hrs my exhaust broke at the welds, got a new one free but did not replace it... (scared that the manifold might break with all that extra weight on the side), at 135hrs had to weld part of the pulley housing back together (where it connects under the jack-shaft)

Muffler good so far. Where are you talking about welding??? The guard around the v-belt pulley??

Treesurgeon,
When did you purchase your Kubota 4012? Early this year? What exactly is included in the kit? I demoed one at the factory last month, they didn't say anything about any changes made this year, but probably wouldn't unless asked. I assume the new ones are coming from the factory this way.
Stumper63

i purchased it in july. kit included new belt, two pulleys, one sheave and two sets of bolts, but only one fits. you will reuse bolts for one sheave and reuse one sheave. i would hope that every machine on lot and being built at factory will have this kit.
it was a big disappointment at first, but now everything is well.

Flipin Stumper

got a call from my guy last night at 5pm "I FLIPPED YOUR STUMPER" i did not believe him. well i was pissed but coum . went out there he took the wheels of to get in the back yard put one wheel back on to do the row of stumps along the fence row well one wheel went in the hole and you no the rest of the story. it tipped on the rad side , we dug out a spot put a block under it put a car jack under it lift it up 8"-10 " then a 2"x6" under it and 3 of us lifted it.
Well had to start it to move it out of the whole , was expected it to smoke like a son of a ------. Witch it did but only for 10 sec or so. checked the oil add some, it worked fine no cracks , leaks nothing at all .
Some one was looking out for me. Did some maintenance on it today grease, wash, change teeth, etc...
My employee said that i could fire him and take damage out of his pay but no need.

Lawmart
play safe

Lawmart,

That is my nightmare!!! Hard to believe it fell on the radiator side and didn't do any damage. I would have figured a radiator, fan, shroud, bracket. The radiator brace is pretty substantial though. Glad to hear you didn't sustain anything major.

Got my belt upgrade kit today by UPS. An engine pulley, jackshaft pulley, new belt and a bushing. Installed in under and hour!! The new belt is wider, more bands, but a small cross section. Engages smooth. Factory claims much longer life - we will see.

Too Hot here to work right now. It has been over 100 for almost 2 weeks.

yeah not a scrach on it at all, except ehere had the 2x6 shocked me. and quite happy.
the kit did you have to go through the dealer or strait to carlton. so it fits all in the same cover.

lawmart

play safe

Back