40cc Shoot Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly.

The Dolmar 420 is on the bench now.......the 5100 drum fits it just right.

I think there may be a shim/washer required for the drum to work correctly, I don't remember if it comes on the 5100 or not.

That reminds me, that's the other reason I was saving that 510, for the parts to swap onto my dad's 421. Can you save those parts for me?

I think there may be a shim/washer required for the drum to work correctly, I don't remember if it comes on the 5100 or not.

That reminds me, that's the other reason I was saving that 510, for the parts to swap onto my dad's 421. Can you save those parts for me?

Correct on the washer.......no on the other. :hmm3grin2orange:

For the money.........this RedMax is tits.

Tits are good!

That's kind of how I looked at it. A ported GZ4000 should be faster than a stock MS201 with a tail and for the same dollars with only a slight weight penalty. The 3800 should do pretty well too I would guess.

Tits are good!

That's kind of how I looked at it. A ported GZ4000 should be faster than a stock MS201 with a tail and for the same dollars with only a slight weight penalty. The 3800 should do pretty well too I would guess.

Yes.......I like me some tits. :cheers:

I'll try to get together a chain comparison vid with the 45cc earthquake.

3 cuts each in the same stick

3/8 lp 6-tooth
3/8 lp 7-tooth
3/8 7-t00th
3/8 8-tooth
.325 7-tooth
.325 8-tooth

Then maybe I could swap all the stuff to the 38cc saw too to see how it does.

3/8 lp 6-tooth
3/8 lp 7-tooth
3/8 7-t00th
3/8 8-tooth
.325 7-tooth
.325 8-tooth

Time.......stuff like that takes time. :rock:

3/8 lp 6-tooth
3/8 lp 7-tooth
3/8 7-t00th
3/8 8-tooth
.325 7-tooth
.325 8-tooth

Get a good 8x8 or 10x10 knot free cant of poplar... It don't take much to add a couple 10ths to a cut...
Ruining your DATA!!!

Never argue with the DATA...
But it's gotta be good DATA...
No junk science allowed...
:spam:

Get a good 8x8 or 10x10 knot free cant of poplar... It don't take much to add a couple 10ths to a cut...
Ruining your DATA!!!

Never argue with the DATA...
But it's gotta be good DATA...
No junk science allowed...
:spam:

I'll save a piece of cant from the heritage festival tomorrow. I would try to pull it off tomorrow, but I don't think I have everything I need to do the test.

I don't know if I can do a 3/8 8-tooth comparison after thinking about it. Do they make a 8-tooth 3/8 for small 7 spline drums?

Is that why you grew yours out?

g1367608669628239576.jpg

Latest posts

Back