440vs372vs372xtorque

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i gotta pick up my kids this week from Randy. He's had my 2153 since Sept (took it up there for the 50cc rematch- although it never made it on AS bc of the hack.... 2153 still is King:rock:). He brought back my 12mm 044 that I bought from Jer b4 the KY GTG. And my new 395xp just arrived there today from Dex. You'd think that would tide me over but Im in a debate between 545 and 550 for a truck/emer saw. And gett'n ready to trade 1 of my ported 359s for another 70cc Husq saw that I took interest in when I saw pics.:ices_rofl:

Wow. Sounds like Christmas is about to happen for you on Cuddle Lane this week.

Glad the 395xp made it in tact. I really hope you enjoy it! It is one heck of a runner.

Wow. Sounds like Christmas is about to happen for you on Cuddle Lane this week.

Glad the 395xp made it in tact. I really hope you enjoy it! It is one heck of a runner.

I suspect it is since Im familiar with the Builder's work.:ices_rofl:. Now to find some time to run it. Right now, "free" time is "scheduled" time to work at my parent's house on projects.

In your guys opinion does the 372 xt take to porting as well as OE?

I have had both ported band stock and the xt seems to have atiny bit more on the bottom but once ported does not have quite as much pure speed...especially with an 8 pinwith 20" bar.

:buttkick:
i gotta pick up my kids this week from Randy. He's had my 2153 since Sept (took it up there for the 50cc rematch- although it never made it on AS bc of the hack.... 2153 still is King:rock:). He brought back my 12mm 044 that I bought from Jer b4 the KY GTG. And my new 395xp just arrived there today from Dex. You'd think that would tide me over but Im in a debate between 545 and 550 for a truck/emer saw. And gett'n ready to trade 1 of my ported 359s for another 70cc Husq saw that I took interest in when I saw pics.:ices_rofl:

Trading off a ported 359?????? Nooooooooooooo....................don't..........................do.........................it!!!!!!

Well....if its a fad guess I will be out of style....these stock saws do nothing at all for me anymore. Ran a stock saw the other day for about 2 minutes and walked all the way out of the woods to get a ported saw...did not matter just had to ported then walked back in...:laugh:

I'm saving bottle tops for a Randy 441cm, just can't justify it at the mo. Anyone know how a ported 441cm stands up to a muff mod 288XP?

I have a 440, a 2171, and a 372 xt. My 372xt is ported and mm and is a very strong runner. The 440 has the dp muffler and the 2171 is stock. I probably like the 2171 best because it is the easiest to crank and has very similar power to the 440 and is not as loud as the 372xt. All of these models are very strong runners and enjoyable to use.

Well....if its a fad guess I will be out of style....these stock saws do nothing at all for me anymore. Ran a stock saw the other day for about 2 minutes and walked all the way out of the woods to get a ported saw...did not matter just had to ported then walked back in...:laugh:
I ran my stock 441 for all of 3.8 seconds, shut it off, went inside and called Mastermind.

I should probably say the 461 is ported-it's in my truck or on the Hitachi 470 with me right now. And a wrap. But that XT is brilliant. But most of my guys wouldn't be able to handle a ported saw. It's a shame really. I would love to see a ported XT

Hmm. Its a really hard choice for me between the 372xp and the 440. I honestly think I would take the 372xp. I can give you a comparison between a 372xpw 75cc and a 441CM, both ported. Randy did both saws. I feel that the 441CM has a bit more grunt and a wider powerband but it's onl by a slim margin. I still have a hard time choosing which saw I want to work with foe the day though. The xpw handles like a dream and is a screaming powerhouse. They are both very impressive.

Hmm. Its a really hard choice for me between the 372xp and the 440. I honestly think I would take the 372xp. I can give you a comparison between a 372xpw 75cc and a 441CM, both ported. Randy did both saws. I feel that the 441CM has a bit more grunt and a wider powerband but it's onl by a slim margin. I still have a hard time choosing which saw I want to work with foe the day though. The xpw handles like a dream and is a screaming powerhouse. They are both very impressive.

Surprised the 441cm has more torque than a 375. How drastic is the difference in handling/bulk is there between the 2 saws?

Back