45 Cents Later

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprintcar

Chainsaw Slut
Reaction score
I still don't get it and by the looks of things never will. 45 cents later in screws, one piece of fuel line and about one hour of my time on my birthday nice little 2300 in Craftsman colors. Boy scout troop leader said no thanks, doesn't have a working chain brake. O.K. says me, I ain't scarred of a Poulan 2300 after running saws for decades without a chain brake. I'll stick it on the shelf with the rest of them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Little saw needed no adjustments, oiler works great, I don't know about an 18 inch bar, I've got a 10 or 12 around here somewhere. If you ain't got it figured out yet, I don't throw nothing away

:cheers:

Couple of nice Poulans in Craftsman colors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These will make nice additions with the other two Poulans in Craftsman colors, a 2900 and a 3300.

:givebeer:

I suppose that is understandable though, wanna keep'm safe and all. A for effort though, and you get to keep the saw.

nice those are my favorite kinda saw projects finding a saw that someone else gave up on. I fix it and either use it or sell it.. but I love the challenge. Good for you and nice little saw.. I'm with you on the 18in bar??? 14 is the longest bar I would run....

either way Sprintcar, it was a nice repair and a nice offer you made. Good on ya...:cheers:

Thanks man. I have a couple of the little newer Poulans that came from Walmart for ten bucks each. They are the ones that are kind of burgundy in color. A couple of turns here and there, open them up on the exhaust side good little weekend saws. Both have working chain brakes. I'll meet with the district scout leader and let him know that if the scouts if they want em, they are theirs. In September they are having a chainsaw safety two day course for the scouts, I'm taking a 54cc Poulan Pro 330, my big bore 044, one of my 066's, and just for the :censored: of it my 084. teach em right the first time.

:givebeer:

Back