460 magnum price??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigglesworth

Booned
Reaction score
Ok guys i have an chance to buy a MS 460 magnum, 1 year old, 24" stihl bar and stihl chain for $300. Am I dumb not to?? I think I will as long as he will let me pull the muffler off and have a looksey. What is needed to pull the muffler off? Thanks in advance, Wiggs

buy it .. buy it.. buy it.. if it runs ok buy it...even if it needs rebuilt and looks ok and not abused you will come out ok. For a 460 in fair shape will bring 350-400 pretty easy. post some pics to help us. have you seen the saw? what kinda shape is it in?

Last edited:
you would need a T-27 torq driver to take the muffler cover off. A squinch would be nice to take the bar off before you take the muffler off.

I havent seen it yet

I have not seen it yet, but am going this weekend to look at it. He says its in perfect shape. I will let you guys know what i find. Hopefully i will be packing a 460 shortly. Thanks, Wiggs

I have not seen it yet, but am going this weekend to look at it. He says its in perfect shape. I will let you guys know what i find. Hopefully i will be packing a 460 shortly. Thanks, Wiggs

sounds like a deal...ask him about the oil he runs in it and what ratio he mixes his oil and gas...that can tell you alot .

wow

:cheers: I thought I got a good deal today. I bought a MS290 for an even $100 that had only had approximately 5 cord of wood cut with it. I would certainly be jumping on that 460 for 3 hundred.

So?! Did you buy it?! I want to see pictures. And I too want to find one for that price :cry:

The guy is 1 hour away, so im going friday afternoon. I asked him today if I could put a gauge on it, he said no prob. If it is as nice as he says I told him id take it. I will keep you posted.

Well its mine!!!

P&C look perfect, 160psi on the gauge and is a POWERHOUSE!! Only downside is the minor paint loss on the front and a faded top. He said it sat in the bed of the truck in the sun?? It also has a brand new rollermatic ES 25" bar on it, but a pretty rocked up chain. Anyways, im stoked but am tired and will be hitting the sack. I will be taking her down and checking her over more tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice. Wiggs

Back