460 or 372xp which ones a better choice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnrcr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok I am new here and hope I don't start a big argument, but my friends and I are looking to buy a bigger saw. We all collect firewood to burn for heat and we have been getting into some bigger logs. We currently have in the fleet an
ms 170, 2- 290 farm boss's, an 024, one husqvarna 55 and a twenty year old 034 that just keeps on cutting. We are looking to get a used saw around the 70 + cc mark with a 24-28" b/c We were all died in stihl orange and white until my neighbor comes along with an older husky that ran darn good, and it gets us thinking these things aren't too bad. So I would like to ask some professionals their opinions on the ms 460 vs the 372xp
1. which saw is more dependable and will last longer (assuming it was well taken care of by the previous owner)
2. Which saw has more power.
3.Which saw is easier to mod (muffler, porting etc) hey I'm a harley mechanic we have to make everything faster.

1. depends on how the next owner maintains it
2. 460 is gonna have more power in stock form
3. both

The MS460 and 372XP are constantly pitted against each other but the MS440/441 is a more equal comparison as the 460 being of greater capacity.
Nevertheless both are great saws and you'd be not dissapointed with either.
Both mod well and as often gets stated here, choose by dealer support.

Do a search on the comparison of the two and you will be surprised by the hits.

Al.

The MS460 and 372XP are constantly pitted against each other but the MS440/441 is a more equal comparison as the 460 being of greater capacity.
Nevertheless both are great saws and you'd be not dissapointed with either.
Both mod well and as often gets stated here, choose by dealer support.

Do a search on the comparison of the two and you will be surprised by the hits.

Al.

:agree2: :cheers:

Since you have plenty of smaller saws get the MS460 since it's higher output then 372. (this will give you more seperation in your fleet). Don't procrastinate because the 460's days are numbered.

While your at it, get the dual port muffler cover.

The 7900 would also be an excellent choice.

I have both saws and really like them both. I would say that the 460 at 76.5CC is a handful of CCs bigger than the 372 and feels and cuts accordingly.

My 460 has the DP muffler and is very powerful. The 372 is standard and obviously has less power, but better anti-vibration and filtration. If you need to run a 28" get the 460. For 24" the 372 is a fine saw.

Latest posts

Back