$5 saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, to topic.

Yes they are pocket sized.

So I sharpened the chain which is kind of akward, almost like a 1/8" file would be more appropriate than 5/32" Nocked the rakes down 2 light file passes and turned the high out just a little.

Wow that little saw has loads of torque, I wasn't expecting it to cut like it does, quite hungry, even in 10" of yellow pine he saw digs.
I do need to report that kick back is a big issue so anyone expecting to work with one of these saws should be very careful when using the nose to clip limbs.

And mine is still not oiling, I lost what oil I had in the tank and can't seem to get any to the chain.
The rubber hose (tree?) is long or big enough on the bar side of things and dribbles oil rather than push it.
Dennis if you have one of these that you think will work let me know, or if anyone knows of a source for a fix for this?

I doubt I will ever really work with this saw, since my little echo has an automatic oiler (aren't we spoiled) but they are very interesting little powerful saws.

Mini-Macs

My problem with them is I always burned my right little finger top when one handing with the saw. I guess I was being too "polite" in my gripping of the handle.

Ray

Latest posts

Back