50 gauge low profile chain for CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On my 192T I was able to get a "professional" Stihl bar to accommodate the Stihl 50 gauge low profile chain.

It Appears that the CS-355T only has one bar gauge and it isn't 50 gauge low profile. Doesn't seem to make since to me.

Echo has a pro level tree saw that can only run green chain narrow kerf chain.

If I am wrong then please enlighten me.

Thank you!

It came out with an Oregon a041 bar tail pattern. That is extremely common. What bar mount did you find in your reference source? Some brands in some applications need the slot lengthened a bit. It also seems to me that with Oregon pro 91 means a nine tooth nose sprocket as opposed to the seven that come original in a lot of cases. Perhaps the rails are different sheet stock as well. It would not surprise me if one could find drive sprocket set ups to run 1/4 and .325.

The issue is that I have over 2,000 drive links of : Stihl Picco Super PS Genuine Stihl Product - MPN 3616 000 0050 3/8" PS Full Chisel 1.3mm .050"

44 drive links makes up a 12" bar on the MS 192 VS Oregon bars run either 45 or 47 drive links. T540XP is 52 drive links minimum.

$460 for a CS355T VS $670 for a MS 201T out the door by blsnelling and it will have the same chain size as the 192T = $210 spread may be worth having everything interchangeable.

Would you spend the extra $210?

It sounds like blsnelling can make the 201T great for starting and running when he is done with it. Any other thoughts?

I have the Echo 355T and a modded 201T by Brad and the difference between them isn't worth spending $200 more for the 201T.. You can use that chain on the Echo too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue is that I have over 2,000 drive links of : Stihl Picco Super PS Genuine Stihl Product - MPN 3616 000 0050 3/8" PS Full Chisel 1.3mm .050"

44 drive links makes up a 12" bar on the MS 192 VS Oregon bars run either 45 or 47 drive links. T540XP is 52 drive links minimum.

$460 for a CS355T VS $670 for a MS 201T out the door by blsnelling and it will have the same chain size as the 192T = $210 spread may be worth having everything interchangeable.

It sounds like blsnelling can make the 201T great for starting and running when he is done with it. Any other thoughts?
Oh, I didn't realize you had the chain - then slap an 0.050" bar on it.

Ok so you have over 122 feet of the chain. 2000*0.367*2/12

Might I guess you you still think there are 2,391 drive links in a 100 foot roll?
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-192t-saw-chain-options.253528/#post-4723918
2000*0.367*2/12=122.3 feet
"Any other thoughts?" Aren't you happy with your two saw plan husky 562/stihl 192? Why not wait a while and see what Dolmar brings to the table? Crawling in among that small stuff that would derail chains on long bars might not be conducive to keeping a helmet and ear protection on so maybe muffler modification should be avoided.

The chain is interchangeable if you have an appropriate bar. Where are you sourcing your information that the Echo cs-355t will not run picco chain in 0.050? I copy and paste this from the echo website Bar Type Pro91
http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws/CS-355T

If you want to run stihl bar on an 041 mount I put a picture. make the slot longer and make the oil supply port a little channel and might have to plug off a hole as I did. I didn't have to drill another adjuster hole for 041 but the extra hole is for the other side 095 which got another oil injection port. If you want to play with seven tooth drive in the picco stuff the stihl bars have an advantage of a wider rear section. A little stick epoxy and a wood chisel can reverse these things as this one is at present 3005 and 095.

I will add one more thing after the pdf file about that echo came in. I have seen them in person in the store/dealership but never really paid attention to that model. I don't see any lump to keep the non trigger fingers from pushing against the rear of the trigger. Actually using this type of saw for ground use having a comfortable way to hold the trigger finger away from the trigger might be of more importance than a lot of stuff discussed around here. With a rear handle saw if you hold it with one hand it is by the front handlebar where no throttle control is.

Attachments

• 041.095.3005.JPG
    041.095.3005.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 36
What I do recall from the echo display at the Deere/Stihl/Echo/other stuff place was that the pole saw (Echo one) had what appeared to be the full sized 3/8 low profile with no bumper tie straps or bumper drive links. All of the normal shaped Echo chainsaws using this class of chain had "green" chain". They have stihl chain near the stihl stuff and near the echo stuff I couldn't find a salesman at that time to ask how that chain is obtained.

I have my doubts that the ps chain is the most desirable chain for the use described in other threads and on a stihl 192. Since you put low profile in the title I put a picture of what I found lately about how low the profile from bar to cutter edge is. This is oregon vxl inside stihl pm but the pm and ps3 cutter measure out the same distance to the edge the best as I can determine.

Attachments

• vxl.inside.pm.JPG
    vxl.inside.pm.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back