5000 posts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
As soon as Darin sends me my T shirt I'm gonna tramp for awhile. Besides, 5000 posts, at least a third of which consist solely of "yup" or "well said" isn't really a major accomplishment. More an indicator of way too much free time and not enough vocabulary.

I'll still be around, just not as much and not very often. I've enjoyed being the "old guy" on here but I don't want to turn into just another grouchy old logger whose only real contribution is yelling at the kids and wannabes when their youthful enthusiasm overcomes their good sense. I do enough of that every day in the woods.

I've made some good friends here. Some I've met and some I probably never will...but that doesn't change the value of the friendship. Met or unmet, a good friend is a gift.

I'll probably check my PMs once in awhile and if you want to contact me Slowp has my EMail address.

To all of you who made the past five years a good ride I say thank you. I've enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

And if there's any of those young guys out there who think they might like this logging business...I left any easy trail to follow.

:cheers: Bob

As soon as Darin sends me my T shirt I'm gonna tramp for awhile. Besides, 5000 posts, at least a third of which consist solely of "yup" or "well said" isn't really a major accomplishment. More an indicator of way too much free time and not enough vocabulary.

I'll still be around, just not as much and not very often. I've enjoyed being the "old guy" on here but I don't want to turn into just another grouchy old logger whose only real contribution is yelling at the kids and wannabes when their youthful enthusiasm overcomes their good sense. I do enough of that every day in the woods.

I've made some good friends here. Some I've met and some I probably never will...but that doesn't change the value of the friendship. Met or unmet, a good friend is a gift.

I'll probably check my PMs once in awhile and if you want to contact me Slowp has my EMail address.

To all of you who made the past five years a good ride I say thank you. I've enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

And if there's any of those young guys out there who think they might like this logging business...I left any easy trail to follow.

:cheers:...Hate to lose you, but understand...Only so much time in a day and a day wasted is lost forever...:yourock:

All the best to ya Bob.

Gonna cut more firewood with this "extra" free time?

Hey, you're still short by a post!

:cheers:

Enjoyed The no nonsense, no sugar coat posts.

Hey, take care! hopefuly someone else can step up to the position of ironing out the not so experienced loggers, and not so experienced cutters. I liked seeing posts from someone whom had some real world experience behind them. I don't think I''ll be on here much anymore either, I think it's been rough going for most folks in the timber industry the last couple of years. I took a job out of the logging profession, and don't hardly have the heart to
get on here, and read or talk about it after it being about all I knew for most of my life, hell I even miss the bad days. Anyhow not trying to steal any glory, and I wasn't much of a poster. But I think it's a good forum with a lot of good folks on it.

I took a job out of the logging profession, and don't hardly have the heart to
get on here, and read or talk about it after it being about all I knew for most of my life, hell I even miss the bad days.

Been there, and know the feeling. Hang in there, LOTS of people take stints away from the logging work. Do what you have to do, keep your eyes and ears open, life has many years and many choices and expereiences and opportunities. Be an anthropologist, its not worse or better..... just different

Hey Bob, it's sad to see you leave but there are indeed more important things then AS...

Just don't forget about us and say hello from time to time....and watch out for them widowmakers in the meantime ....;)

:cheers:

When I hit 10,000 (or maybe 8,000) I'll prolly do the same as ol' Bob. Or maybe as Andy did... once I'm gone... I'm gone.

I'm sure there are some that will prolly like to see that happen... but I gots lots of cool cat friends from here mang!

Gary

Bob, I'll be one of the guys that'll miss the "yup" and "uh huh" replies.

Best of luck in everything you do sir. :cheers:

Back