50cc Saw questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is amazing how many of us have been working hard to find a saw that beats the Stihl 026 PRO. That includes Stihl owners and me. I found the Husky 353, just in time before production of it stopped. One of my two Husky 350's will stay with it. As long as big logs are not involved, it's the go-to saw for me. But, i stilll get a kick out of running my Stihl O26 PRO that never ceases to beg for attention.

You're running that thing on an ethanol mix?

I have two alternatives, 95 octane lead free at the gas station and 1 gallon cans of "environmental friendly pre-mixed garden tools gas" - at twice the cost. I use synthetic oil 1/40, and I run them dry for storage.
As I see it, there is not really any option. I dont expect more than about 10 years (if I'm lucky) before the cancer takes me - so I guess I'll just hope it's worth it.

I have two alternatives, 95 octane lead free at the gas station and 1 gallon cans of "environmental friendly pre-mixed garden tools gas" - at twice the cost. I use synthetic oil, and I run them dry for storage.
As I see it, there is not really any option. I dont expect more than about 10 years (if I'm lucky) before the cancer takes me - so I guess I'll just hope it's worth it.
You didn't check which picture I quoted, did you?

I am keeping my eyes open..

i don't like the feel of the easy-start on the 5105 anyway. The 420 on the other hand, has really good action.

I added a dampener pad between the front handle and the cylinder cover, that baby's got some compression...

Ah... thank you sir... tats a poetic picture. With so many levels to it.

Back