55 Rancher won't start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Straw

Reaction score
I just bought a 55 Rancher from a private party on Craigs list. It's brand new, not even ever assembled and the darn thing won't start. I tried changing out the plug but still no go. I pulled the plug and grounded it against the cylinder head and turned it over, I'm not seeing any spark. Any suggestions? I'm a complete chainsaw noob, any advice would be appreciated. :mad:

I just bought a 55 Rancher from a private party on Craigs list. It's brand new, not even ever assembled and the darn thing won't start. I tried changing out the plug but still no go. I pulled the plug and grounded it against the cylinder head and turned it over, I'm not seeing any spark. Any suggestions? I'm a complete chainsaw noob, any advice would be appreciated. :mad:

Send a PM to WANABE, he will help you out.

Well, it's a miracle. I've been trying all day to get this thing going and out of the blue it started. :clap: Gods be praised! Another question though, is there any problem using a non-resistor type plug? CJ7Y

Latest posts

Back