550xp Dawg Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, maybe adumb question but what are the dawgs for?

Sweet job!:msp_thumbup:
Don't have pics but the 357/359/455/460 big dogs fit 346XP. They might fit the 550. Had to grind a tad off of the rear of bottom screw hole. Only thing the inner dog sticks out about a 1/4" more than the outer. Could be the other way don't remember. Note the 357 full wrap handle also fits on the 346.
Shep

Last edited:
Joe G i like dawgs for protecting the muffler and front of the saw , their primary/ secondary use is to stick in the wood for traction / pivot point and lift the rear handle . Some also use them to compensate for a dull chain and force the saw to cut...which i do not endorse. Clear as mud? Others can probably explain better . termite

Ok, maybe adumb question but what are the dawgs for?

As a pivoting tool for when you are felling trees. Makes up for gravity not working sideways.

I know it's a 50cc saw but I've still dropped small trees with it.

Ok first post using tapatalk someone give the kindergarden version on how to get the pic to show up without having to open it..... Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

"manyhobbies" originally posted this. It's what I do.

Embedding pics in your post: Right click on the attached image.....click on "copy shortcut" Click on the icon image (second row 6th from the right) select "from URL" paste in copied info.....uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" do it again for the next pic.

Did ya get dual dawgs on yet

I know the MS 261 loves them :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back