550XP Updates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no for oem oils either but quality mix oils suited for chainsaws, one should not have issues running a richer mix. However I think husky has 50:1 in mind for epa reason.
They started recommending it long before the EPA became a factor for chainsaws.

Without re-reading this whole thread do all the updates to the 550xp also apply to the 545?

I can't confirm that, but assume at least those that concern shared parts does.

Comparing the latest IPL for the 545 to the service bulletins posted here and latest IPL for the 550 should tell the story....

Wow this sucks. I just dropped off my 550xp at my dealer because it was having the same issues. So there's going to be a rebuild kit coming out June? I'm really disappointed in Husqvarna that they couldn't get it right for like 5 years now. So much for Swedish engineering and quality.
Here too.The 550XP Bogs and dies when hot from-at idle.Runs fine off low end,and starts one pull after dying at idle when hot. At the local shop,but sounds like a more,"comprehensive",(That alleged kit),work order may be in my future.

Here too.The 550XP Bogs and dies when hot from-at idle.Runs fine off low end,and starts one pull after dying at idle when hot. At the local shop,but sounds like a more,"comprehensive",(That alleged kit),work order may be in my future.
Did it always do it or did it start after initially running well? What fuel ratio are you using?

Did it always do it or did it start after initially running well? What fuel ratio are you using?
Been doing this from new,thought it may be,"break in issues" but has several (15-20) tanks and hours logged.92 octane Ethanol free at 40 to 1,which i know is a little on the oil rich side but i can't get past "The Sixties"..Dies once in a while,at full power. That's more of a concern in my mind,than dying at idle off power when hot,and the "bog" throttling up from idle,which appears to have a fix kit that i suppose we get to pay a fair lot for.On the positive none of these issues appear to be getting worse and are,to me, a minor inconvenience with an otherwise great running saw. Have it at the shop for a diagnostic eval. and will see when she's back from the docs.

Been doing this from new,thought it may be,"break in issues" but has several (15-20) tanks and hours logged.92 octane Ethanol free at 40 to 1,which i know is a little on the oil rich side but i can't get past "The Sixties"..Dies once in a while,at full power. That's more of a concern in my mind,than dying at idle off power when hot,and the "bog" throttling up from idle,which appears to have a fix kit that i suppose we get to pay a fair lot for.On the positive none of these issues appear to be getting worse and are,to me, a minor inconvenience with an otherwise great running saw. Have it at the shop for a diagnostic eval. and will see when she's back from the docs.
So, what was the verdict? I've been experiencing this problem as well. Trying to diagnose the issue myself since I don't have any good service centres in my area. Also, what is the "alleged kit" you mentioned?

My shop here in Oregon looked into it and reported "no such kit exists". I'm still running with the setup i'm stuck with and not unhappy with the results for the most part. Diagnostics came back clean. My 550xp dates to 2012. Winters over so will be running soon here. Man, the upgrades and rumors can get mixed up and combined into tall tales. But bottom line, weaved into those tales is some valuable info regarding improvements to an already not so goof proof but pretty awesome saw. Quick edit here, Lewis Power Equipment here in GP is a servicing Husky dealer and did research this alleged kit then called to inform me it's a non existent entity. Pretty much a series of upgrades that, as has been mentioned here by more knowledgeable folks than me already, are ongoing by Husky. Lewis has ordered me a new top cover today, and I'll let you know how the improved ventilation effects performance, if the new cover actually fits!.. Unless it becomes a progressively worse glitch I'll put up with the, for me, minor inconvenience of an occasional restart and lug up from idle. Know that's not much but that's what i've got so far.

SB, Starter, 550XP, 545, 2013-01 125.54 KB HUSB2013_AAen__B1300015.pdf
SB, Clutch, 550XP, 545, 2013-01 83.93 KB HUSB2013_AAen__B1300016.pdf
SB, Fuel hose, 550, 545, 2012-06, Chain Saw 40.43 KB HUSB2012_AAen__B1200067.pdf
SB, Fuel Tank, Ignition Module, 550XP, 545, 2013-01 95.45 KB HUSB2013_AAen__B1300029.pdf
SB, Engine Diagnostic Tool, 2014-03 63.48 KB HUSB2014_AAen__B1400014.pdf
SB, Crankshaft bearing, crankcase gasket, 550XP, 545, 2012-04 159.26 KB HUSB2012_AAen__B1200055.pdf

Thanks Hammish, can you share the PDFs of the early SB's on the 550XP (2013-1, 2012-06, 2013-01, 2014-03, 2012-04, 2012-05? I can't access parts.husqvarna.com without login.

Latest posts

Back