550XP vs MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rullywowr

rullywowr

ArboristSite Operative
North East US...New England. Only 6mos... dang. Oh well I guess that means I only have to wait 6mos until I start drilling holes in the muffler etc. T-minus 2 hours and counting before she arrives :) Can't wait! Pics to follow.

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Couldn't wait any longer.

D16D9019-08E0-494E-8CD8-CBDB54D64CA7-8286-000009E965CC704B.jpg

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm looking forward to comparing the gains with the original cut times. I like it stock, really didn't feel compelled to do anything with the saw, even the muffler. But I came to my senses and opened her up a bit :msp_w00t:

Tzed250

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm looking forward to comparing the gains with the original cut times. I like it stock, really didn't feel compelled to do anything with the saw, even the muffler. But I came to my senses and opened her up a bit :msp_w00t:

No reason to leave that badazz powerplant plugged up!

the westspartan

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
I drilled a hole in the top cover and wiggled muh screwdriver around just to make wiggz happy :hmm3grin2orange:

That's one way to do it. I like to take the muffler off and blow a couple of holes in it with the 30-06. I turn it around backwards and try to nail it right through the back opening of the muffler, where it attaches to the exhaust port. That way I know the exhaust gasses have a straight shot through and are not bouncing around in the muffler shell causing undue heat build up.:hmm3grin2orange:

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a 30-06, could give that a try...... :hmm3grin2orange:
What do you think about a 7mmRemMag? Too much? Maybe save that one for a bigger saw :D

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Brad, is that a lefty?

I've got the same setup, black on black though, sporting a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9. With 110gr. of Triple 7 and a Barnes 290gr. MZ, she will put as many as your man enough to shoot in the same hole at 100 yards. Kicks like a dang mule though. Lol

I do lub's muh ol' smoke thrower!! :rock:

Now I thought for sure you'd have a 1st generation musket :D

wigglesworth

wigglesworth

Booned
If it's an Omega then they're ambedextrous (spelling). I have one in all camo. If I buy another one I will buy stainless. Stainless is the only way to go in a blackpowder gun.

My omega isn't ambidextrous. It has a large trough for your forearm.

Stainless is a whole lot easier to clean, but I don't mind cleaning. On the bench, I clean after every shot.