562 XP My First Impressions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
To start off, it is just a very good looking saw.

The first two days are spent on pine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then we moved on to oak.

The souped up 365 got in on some of the action.

The 562 is probably the smoothest saw that I have ever run. The engineers did a good job on the anti vibe.

It has a different sound, but then, it is a strato.

The 562 is as much at ease with a 24 inch bar as it is with an 18.

I don't see anything not to like.

My first impressions. It is a keeper.

If your 365 wasn't worked, I think you'd have a hard time picking it up again now that you have a 562 ;)

If your 365 wasn't worked, I think you'd have a hard time picking it up again now that you have a 562 ;)

Yep, the 562xp should have more power, with less weight and better handling - but I regard a 24" as pretty long on it, for the best balance! :msp_smile:

You are right, but 2stroked2smoke did a good of porting on that 372 top end, and shaving the cylinder base.

As much as I like the 562, the 372 is still my favorite saw to run.

If the 372 was stock it might be different, but the one I have will hang with a XPW saw.

I actually had both and I sold the XPW in favor of keeping the 365/372, or whatever the heck I should call it.

That 365 label don't hurt none either, when other guys are watching it cut.:hmm3grin2orange:

that saw looks great,think i will upgrade at some point,looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it once it has
some real man hours on it........!!!!

My dealer has mine coming in 5 days or so and I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I can't get enough of these 562 threads, it helps with the wait. Thanks for the great pics!

So you think it pulls the 24insaw bar just as easy as the 20? Nice to know trying to figure out what bar to run on mine when I get it back from mastermind!!!!!!!

So you think it pulls the 24insaw bar just as easy as the 20? Nice to know trying to figure out what bar to run on mine when I get it back from mastermind!!!!!!!

Well this one is stock and it pulls a 24 just fine, so no doubt yours will run ever better.

I just keep an 18, a 20, and a 24 depending what I am cutting.

The 365/372 hybrid keeps a 24 inch most all the time.

Good luck with your new 562, and let us hear how it does when you get it back from Mastermind.

I have had mine for a couple weeks now and it has been getting a real workout with a 20" and an 18" bar which it runs both equally well. Between me and my boss we go out with a 372,562 and 2 441's and the saw that gets the most use by BOTH of us is the 562. The 562 is such a joy to use, is well balanced and has enough power to cut right with the 70cc saws without the strain on your back. I am seriously considering selling the 372 and getting my 390 back and with my tax return buying another 562.:msp_smile:

You are right, but 2stroked2smoke did a good of porting on that 372 top end, and shaving the cylinder base.

As much as I like the 562, the 372 is still my favorite saw to run.

If the 372 was stock it might be different, but the one I have will hang with a XPW saw.

I actually had both and I sold the XPW in favor of keeping the 365/372, or whatever the heck I should call it.

That 365 label don't hurt none either, when other guys are watching it cut.:hmm3grin2orange:

I know the feeling. My 365 has had some.... work... done to it ;) But as far as I'm concerned, the sticker still says 365 so that's what it is..... :D

I have a 372xpg and a 560xpg, and they feel very different to me - not even close to comparable.....:msp_smile:

You can compare nearly anything, it's not that hard. I could compare cutting a log with a swiss army knife vs. a 3120xp if I wanted to :hmm3grin2orange:

562xp

I have had mine for a couple weeks now and it has been getting a real workout with a 20" and an 18" bar which it runs both equally well. Between me and my boss we go out with a 372,562 and 2 441's and the saw that gets the most use by BOTH of us is the 562. The 562 is such a joy to use, is well balanced and has enough power to cut right with the 70cc saws without the strain on your back. I am seriously considering selling the 372 and getting my 390 back and with my tax return buying another 562.:msp_smile:
I agree with you t-saw,have had my 562 since dec 23 the more I run it the better I like it. 562 is first saw I go to ,unless one of boys beat me to it.still using 16 inch bar has worked real well.Biggest trees so far have been 16 to 20 inch.[ash eab. infected ].using 357xp and old faithful[266se] for back up saws.It seems a shame most of ash trees are hit,is tuff cutting nice logs for firewood. however the lumber log pile is growing.I will post pics in spring of sawmill .The neighbor and I hire a mill to saw for us on site.Things I like so far about 562-start-stop switch easy to use!#2 the balance and handling,#3 low vibes,#4 less fuel consumption-which does not matter that much to me , but to some it may#5limbing this saw is slick ,used to think 357xp was great. Time will tell the real story, how the 562 fairs in long run,but for now I'm a big fan

Just a quick update.

The 562 gets stronger every day. It is the smoothest saw I have ever run, and I find myself going to this saw first.

The 372 is not getting much work right now. It was my favorite saw to run, and now I see the 562 moving to first place.

Latest posts

Back